Question for Mr. Jacobo

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by gagimilo, Mar 18, 2007.

1. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I was wondering what happened with the seminar you were scheduled to conduct in France, in July this year I believe? I had my eye on that one, but then they took the announcment off teh web site. Is it canceled or what?
    Respectfuly,
    Dragan

2. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hi Dragan,

There were some things brought up that both the host and I could not resolve. PSCA continues to keep in touch and we are both optimistic that I will be returning again.

Thanks for the interest.

John G. Jacobo

3. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Thanks for the response.
    If I manage organize a tour of USA this summer, maybe I'll be able to drop by to your place, who knows ;-)

4. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hi Dragan,

Looks like I will be back in France early in 2008. I am scheduled with PCSA to return January 5th & 6th.

Visit: www.pcsa2.com

Hope we will meet!

5. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Hmmm, I can't say that it is the best time for me, but I will certainly do my best to show up, if possible in any way.

Thanks for keeping me posted!

6. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Early 2008 ? I'll be there :)

7. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hey Twist...thanks for the support! A January 4th Friday evening workshop is also in the works Worcester, UK. I will post details if it pans out.

8. langgaw

langgaw New Member

Mr Jacobo,
    If I may ask, what are you teaching in the upcoming seminar? If it is not too much, what is your expertise? Do you have other seminars sooner?

9. Twist

Twist Junior Member

Worcester would be even better, so I can visit the Bahad Zubu Guys there as well :)

10. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hello Langgaw,

I introduced the fundamentals of Kali Ilustrisimo on my first visit. And plan on reviewing them to ensure they have retained the material. I am stickler for strong basics and believe without them, one cannot truely progress. I will also cover knife and counter-knife as well.

The methods is rooted in FMA but I like to present my "less than traditional" approach. My Combatives & Reality Based Self-Defense experience has been quite instrumental in developing a more aggressive and progressive means to training which has proven to be a benefit to my students.

11. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Hello Langgaw,

I introduced the fundamentals of Kali Ilustrisimo on my first visit. And plan on reviewing them to ensure they have retained the material. I am stickler for strong basics and believe without them, one cannot truely progress. I will also cover knife and counter-knife as well.

The methods is rooted in FMA but I like to present my "less than traditional" approach. My Combatives & Reality Based Self-Defense experience has been quite instrumental in developing a more aggressive and progressive means to training which has proven to be a benefit to my students.

I do not have anything lined up any sooner.

12. langgaw

langgaw New Member

So sorry for the overdue response. I went far south for some important engagements.
    That is awesome. Good luck to you and your endeavor. I hope to meet you one day and share experiences. Belated happy fathers Day.

13. Hello Guro John!

I just wanted to relate with you that I am a very big fan and follower of RBSD and have met Rich Dimitri (www.senshido.com) at his seminar here in the Bay Area a few years back... he opened a whole new world to me and has added to my overall picture of self defense!

I am very interested in your take of integrating FMA Principles with RBSD concepts... i am in the process of distilling these concepts myself and am trying to share with what i've learned with fellow practitioners and friends...

hope to hear from you soon!

All the best,

Capt.

14. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Well, it is indeed an honor to meet the presence of the great Capt. Jack!

Rich is a down to earth guy. I have trained with him several times. RBSD and Combatives really do provide eye opening ideas on how to train. And as we all know, it is about the training. Since my experience and research into these areas, I have been able to encourage a certain mindset with my students that has been quite beneficial in their progress.

While many people claim to train in that manner, I have found that only a handful actually do. If you focus, or like many, memorize set drills rather than look to improve attributes at "real time" your chances of failing when the ***** hits the fan is great. Personally, I do not want to take that chance.

Good luck with your martial endeavors!