Queen City Laban Laro Tournament and 2007 NAFMA NY State Championship September 29th

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by James Miller, Jul 2, 2007.

1. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

Queen City Laban Laro Tournament and 2007 NAFMA New York State Championships

Datu Tim Hartman will be hosting the Queen City Laban Laro Tournament. Events will include Anyos (Forms), Weapon Anyos (Weapon Forms), Sparring and Stick Sparring. For more information contact Datu Tim Hartman at 716-675-0899 or admin@wmarnis.com

Attached Files:

2. James Miller

A reminder that the NYS training camp for team USA will be on Sunday 8:00am - Noon on the 30th.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

A four hour camp?

4. James Miller

We are just hosting the event, not defining it.

5. James Miller

Here is a quick update for the tournament:

For the last two years The Queen City Laban Laro has averaged over 80 stick fighting competitors. We’ve had competitors ranging as young as 4 years old to 50+. This year we are trying to break the 100 player mark!

This year there will be Championship Belts and $100 Cash Prize for Stick and Point Sparring for 15yrs and over Grand Champions. I have attached and updated flyer and photo of the belts. Hope to see you there!

Attached Files:

6. James Miller

11 days and counting.

7. James Miller

9 days to go and we have 55 stick fighters [FONT=&quot] pre-registered!
    :lsvader::party:
    [/FONT]

8. WT_ATL

WT_ATL Member Supporting Member

For those of you who have never been to one of Tim's events, I encourage you to attend. It's been a couple of years for me, but the last event he had about 90 plus stick fighters. The tournament was professionally managed and judging was unbiased and fair. The competition is of the highest caliber.

Havng attended dozens of tournaments across the US, I know what I'm talking about. It was definitely worth the trip from Atlanta.

I can see that Tim has up the anty by awarding title belts, nice touch!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  9. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

So who all is coming? I am bringing my crew. I hope to see someof you sat.

10. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

2 days to go with 90+ fighters!

11. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Fantastic! Unfortunately I drew the short straw and am on call this weekend. :( :( Next year for sure I'm going to try to make it down....pending my instructor's permission. ;)

12. Datu Tim Hartman

Tomorrow is the big day! See you there.

13. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

What A great Time......
    I hope everyone had as good a time as my Crew and I did.
    Thanks alot Datu for hosting such an enjoyable tournament it was well worth the drive from Ohio.

14. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

I had a good time, talked to a lot of folks and saw a lot of happy competitors. Saw some good matches as our photo spot was right by ring 3.

15. Segi

Segi New Member

Queen City Laban Laro/NAFMA NY Championships

What a great time! A well run tournament ( food was great to, which was nice after a long car trip).Many thanks to all the judges who took the time to talk to the compettitors after their matches to give them feedback.
    This was probably the friendliest tournament I have ever been to and a great learning experience!

16. Datu Tim Hartman

I want to thank everyone for the support to make this event happen. I will be posting some pictures, but my camera isn't good with action shots. With the success of this event I've decided to split this event into 2 separate events. The Queen City Laban Laro and the Queen City Karate Classic. The Laban Laro will be a weapon only tournament in the summer. The Classic will become a fall karate tournament. I’m finalizing the dates for the laban laro for July and the classic for October of ‘08. The laban laro will feature weapon forms, single & double stick fighting, long sword fighting and 3-weapon team fighting. More information to follow.

17. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Here's couple shots :) I had to take off at 5 so missed most of the adult's section this year unfortunately. :(

Attached Files:

18. anubis4b

anubis4b New Member

The family had a great time at the tournament! It was wonderful to meet so many great people. Since this was only the second tournament I have participated in, I learned a lot. I hope to see everyone next year.