Q&A: How can I improve client retention and new registrations? Part 2

Discussion in 'E-Zine Articles' started by Bob Hubbard, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

Q&A: How can I improve client retention and new registrations? Part 2

Question:
    How can I improve client retention and new registrations?

Answer:
    Last week I gave 3 answers to this question. Here are 3 more concerning your school's appearance. Remember, Clean Sells!

1- Take a look at your walls. What do you really see? Are they clean, or are they scuffed, dirty, chipped, cracked, or cobwebby? Do you have dust and web covered photos and plaques hanging up there? Are there old fliers from months or even years ago still up?

Regularly (at least quarterly) go around the entire public area and dust everything. Knock down those cobwebs and dust strings. Take down old outdated fliers, dust your photos and clean the glass so they shine.

If your walls are really scuffed, paint them with a good high gloss enamel. Clean sells, and dirty and dusty don't.

2- Check out your equipment. Get rid of anything that's past it's prime. Old, tired equipment doesn't say "success", and in fact might even be dangerous. Remember, if someone is injured because of faulty gear, it isn't their fault. It's the schools fault, and that means you. That heavy bag might cost $200, but the lawsuit and medical bills of someone injured, not to mention the increase in your insurance premium cost much much more.

3- De clutter your check in counter. Take off that stack of mail, put away that extra gear, and wipe down the table top.

Always make the time to keep your school looking it's best. If it doesn't look it's best, neither do you, and that's going to cost you. A clean, organized, and good smelling school is money in your pocket.