Punch a terrorist, go to jail?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, Dec 1, 2009.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

I don't want to see prisoners being abused, but I have to say, if a SEAL punches a terrorist in Iraq then I think the best response is his C.O. saying "Don't do that again" and not a court trial. And as to a terrorist who whines after one punch gives him a bloody lip...sheesh!

Navy SEALs accused of punching accused Falluja plotter

Oh yeah, that's a good use of the hundreds of thousand of dollars that were spent on these guys' training.

It's either a military zone or it isn't...warn them, yes, but this is ridiculous.

2. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

This is a bunch of BS...they should give them medals for doing it...better yet they should give them the green light on double tapping his worthless ass. Trying to win a war with political correctness and kid gloves is as useful as a fart in a whirl wind.

3. sjansen

sjansen New Member

If they didn't shoot him, then it wasn't excessive force. This man was a known terrorist and was known to use deadly force and carry weapons. Any force, including deadly would have been warrented.

Just a great case of the US being too liberal in a war environment.

4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

I believe that there were a few Navy Seals accused of something similar last year. Does anyone know what happened in that case?

I also read something to the effect that the Seals will have the right to confront their accuser in their Courts Martial - something that will probably not happen given various security and logistical issues present.

At any rate, there is a large distance between this guy accusing the Seals of giving him a fat lip and him standing up and proving it during a Court Martial. If it actually does go to trial, the defense will probably argue that his injuries were sustained while resisting arrest, or that he was non-compliant after the arrest, etc.

Best,

Steve

5. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Since when did the NAVY SEALS job description start including arrest and detainment..LOL.... SEA AIR LAND no where does it mention Sherriff....turning the worlds greatest Commandos into nothing more than Jailers...sad..and wrong as acid rain!

6. Think the S.A.S, Turkish, Israeli and Belgium Commandos etc (and America's own "Green Berets" come to think of it) would have something to say about that comment Mike ;)

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Agreed! If we're there to fight, fight...putting the military into non-combat roles is very unfortunate (though not always avoidable).

I won't comment on who's actually the greatest!

8. I think you'd be hard pressed. I gather there is some debate over what exactly is a "Commando" unit. The U.K have their own seals in the "SBS" and I missed the Russian Speznaz (sp?) out as well. The best ones are those you've probably never heard of. Or the conquistadors...

9. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Yes they would.....Okay let me rephrase for posterity's sake..one of the worlds greatest commando units.

10. WuLord187

WuLord187 Albo Kali Silat Student

there has to be a deeper issue than what the media feeding out for what happen the punch or several punches can be overlooked

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Apparently the military wanted to handle it with administrative punishment--the SEALs asked for a trial to clear their name.