PTK Los Angeles Training Group

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by yosefalan, May 19, 2009.

1. yosefalan

yosefalan New Member

Hi everybody,

I am happy to inform you that the Los Angeles Pekiti Tirsia group is up and running with 7 members and counting. I have just returned from the Philippines where I had the opportunity to attend the Blademaster camp with Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje and Maginoo Tim Waid. After the camp I stayed and trained one on one with Tuhon Gaje for a month and am excited to be back in the US with so much to share. Our current training schedule is as follows:

Mon and Wed 5-8pm
    Sat 2-5pm

Please contact me for more information.

Joseph
    yosefalan@gmail.com

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Great news! Good luck!

3. Scarab

Scarab New Member

HI Joseph,
    Good luck, and I hope to see you next time in Manila.
    Take care.
    Eric ( The French)

4. What part of Los Angeles do you train in?

5. Sisco T.

Sisco T. New Member

where in L.A. is your group?
    Francisco

6. ptksocal

ptksocal New Member

PTK SoCal

I head a different Pekiti Tirsia Group, PTK SoCal and I'm in Long Beach.

I just don't want people thinking that the Los Angeles group is the sole representative of PTK in the Los Angeles area.

PTK SoCal represents the teaching methods of Pekiti Tirsia Kali as taught through the Pekiti Tirsia Global Organization (PT-GO). We follow the traditional system of Doce Methodos, Contradas and Contra Tirsia Dubla dos. I received my training and Guro certification directly from Tuhon Gaje and Tim Waid.

7. kaliman1978

kaliman1978 New Member

And this is important because............................ Why not train with the other guy both of you guys might be able to take one another to another level in your training.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

Isn't Nick Papadakis out there too? Although my understanding is that's more of a sparring group than a class/instructor setup.

9. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

Might be more helpful if you posted training times for your group and contact info.

10. Nick Papadakis is in North Hollywood.

11. kaliman1978

kaliman1978 New Member

Nick's a good guy. I met him way back in 02 at a kali camp in Texas. Didn't get to really see him work that much but he was cool!

12. selfcritical

selfcritical New Member

I worked with him at the camp last year. It was the ruin of some sticks.

We both swing through a little hard.

13. yosefalan

yosefalan New Member

Hi Eric..nice to hear from you. See you back in the PI.

We train in Elysian Park (Mon/Wed 5pm-8, Sat 2pm-5) and starting next month I will be holding training sessions twice a week in Tarzana as well. I will post the schedule when it is finalized.

I am also a member of the Global Organization by the way. I do encourage people to check out Meynard's (PTK SoCal) class; I often go there myself and have learned a lot from him. Don't know about Nick's group, but I buy sticks from him and can definitley reccommend him for that.

Joseph

14. unstpabl1

unstpabl1 Junior Member

Did you start group in Tarzana. Contact Info? Intersteed in checking it out

Mike

15. yosefalan

yosefalan New Member

16. ptksmfla

ptksmfla New Member

Training in PTK available in LA.
    PTK-SMF Los Angeles Training Group
    www.ptksmfla.com