PTI Monthly Seminars with Mataas Na Guro Jack Latorre

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Jack Latorre, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Greetings All-- I will be offering monthly seminars which will focus on the solo baston (single stick) curriculum of Pekiti-Tirsia. All styles and levels are welcome. 2013 SEMINAR SCHEDULE The 2013 seminar schedule is a monthly offering given roughly on the third Saturday of each month. It is a four hour seminar which covers a block of the Pekiti-Tirsia International Curriculum. The focus of this year's seminars is solo baston, or single stick. Cost: $40 per person Time: Roughly the 3rd Saturday of each month...2pm to 6pm Where:Millman's Martial Art Academy, 32 Main Street, Scottville (near Rochester), New York, 14546. www.millmansmatialarts.org Dates and Material Covered: Jan. 26, 2013: The Five Attacks Sub-System Feb. 16, 2013: Solo Baston Abecedario Mar. 16, 2013: The 64 Attacks and Florete Apr. 20, 2013: Seguidas Set One May. 18, 2013: Seguidas Set Two Jun. 15, 2013: Seguidas Set Three Jul. 20, 2013: Contradas Set One Aug. 17, 2013: Contradas Set Two Sep. 21, 2013: Contradas Set Three Oct. 19, 2013: Recontras Set One Nov. 16, 2013: Recontras Set Two Dec. 21, 2013: Recontras Set Three What To Bring: rattan sticks, eye protection, water, snacks/fruit/protein bars, comfortable clothing, training blades. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at jlatorre@rochester.rr.com or PM me. Best, Jack A. Latorre Mataas Na Guro Pekiti-Tirsia International www.ptiacademy.com

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Jack,
    I have been getting emails requesting a location for the FMA in the Rochester area.. I was wondering if I could refer them to you as they live in your area and this individual is interested in learning the FMA.

Thanks

Bill

3. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Absolutely...

Bill--That would be fine...and thanks for the referral and vote of confidence.Incidentally, I'm not the only dealer of controlled Filipino violence in the area. There are others who your friends may find more convenient or to their liking...no harm done.-Kuya Doug Marcaida-Guro Cyndy Jones-...and at United Self Defense Center (owned by Sensei John Ingallina), there is a chap who periodically teaches a Modern Arnis program, but I don't know the details. Brain Johns, perhaps?In any event, I hope they find what they are looking for. And I also hope we get to cross sticks sometime, Bill.Best,Jack A. LatorrePSMy mistake in the original thread...it's www.millmansmartialarts.org. I had a typo...

4. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

5. TuhonBill

TuhonBill New Member

Hi Folks,

If you can make a seminar with Guro Jack, i would highly recommend you attend. He is one of the finest instructors to come out of the PTI camp, both on technical merits as well as communication skills. I think you will find time in his class to be well spent.

Regards,
    Tuhon Bill McGrath

6. geezer

geezer Member

Jack, best of luck with your seminar series. Someday if you ever get out this way to visit your brother, I'd love to take some lessons from you!

7. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

"Geezer"--I'm hoping to drag him to Rochester so his nephews can hang with him...and maybe learn some reasonably mild form of "Latorre-Style" aggression that has been his hallmark card for as long as I can remember. Being the little brother had it's perks...and then there was the other stuff... :)I tried getting him in touch with his inner child...but then his inner child body slammed me.Best,Jack

8. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello everyone,
    I cannot say enough to praise Jack as a Person and a teacher! If you get a chance too train with him I highly recommend it!

Thanks,
    John

9. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Hello All--

The first of the monthly seminars that I am offering is approaching next month (January 26th...Solo Baston Sub-System) and it appears that there is a significant interest building towards it. Although not completely necessary (I think), perhaps it would not be out of sorts to ask interested parties to send me an e-mail just to let me know if you are attending. I want to be sure we have enough space for anyone and everyone.

Best,

Jack A. Latorre
    Mataas Na Guro
    Pekiti-Tirsia International
    www.ptiacademy.com