positive talk

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by darrell from bega, Apr 19, 2008.

1. darrell from bega

darrell from bega New Member

lets get this forum back on track with some positive and friendly chatter. hows everyone out there in the balintawak community. are there many of you attending master bobby taboada's world camp in Vegas. there are three of us so far coming from Australia. it will be great to finally meet people that master bobby speaks highly about from different parts of the world. we have started to train with more intensity of late as there are two of us going for our fully qualified instructors test being myself and a bloke called big AL. for Bobby's test you have to come up with your own 24 techniques. have got a few but time is fast running out. finding it hard to come up with good effective techniques but i suppose we will get there in the end and hopefully wont disgrace ourselves to much. it is good to read other peoples views on balintawak and what they have to say. i have done my part now so it is up to you to respond.
    buy for now
    darrell from bega

2. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Darrell:

Glad to see that they finally have the Internet in Bega NSW! :FRlol:

Yes, I believe there are quite a few people who will be at Bobby's 60th birthday event in Las Vegas. I'll definitely be there! Like you, I'm really looking forward to finally seeing most of Bobby's instructors in one place. That will be a sort of historic event as many people who have been with Bobby for a long time have never met in person.

I have a hard time envisioning you guys training with more intensity without fatalities. Bobby was just talking about "Shrek" (Al) yesterday. There are quite a few people who will be testing for either completion of the art or their qualified instructor status. I think the count is 15+ right now. It's going to be a looooong day!

Remember to bring your trademark red fleece vests - it's a little chilly in Las Vegas in November.

Cheers,

Robert

3. Mono

Mono Member

Hi Darell,

I wish I could take the Time off and get there - but Job and lack of Financial Backup wont allow it since I am already scheduled to be back in Cebu this summer for further Balintawak training - I had a great Time with GM Bobby at his Birthday in Cebu last year and I am sure it will be an awesome Party this comming November!!!

Good Luck and safe Training for your Test!

Greetings from Germany,

Philipp "Mono" Wolf
    www.fmabc.de

4. yomitche

yomitche New Member

GM Taboada Seminar

I believe that a couple of us from the SW Ohio area might be going. I'm planning on it, but like others have already mentioned on this forum, will need to resolve some financial issues first. I'm excited, and look forward to attending this event both because I have never met GM Taboada before, and think this gathering will provide me with a much needed link between my present practice and the history of the art. As a newer Balintawak practitioner, I feel privileged to meet so many important people in this community at one time. I'm sure it will be one of the more memorable events of my martial arts career.

5. garrotista

garrotista New Member

6. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

7. yomitche

yomitche New Member

World Camp 2008

It's finally here!

I'm getting ready for a GREAT weekend together in Las Vegas. I look forward to training with "old" friends, making new ones, and the opportunity of a lifetime to learn from, and train with, several of the notable and iconic figures of today's Balintawak community.

Anyone else here headed to the World Camp this weekend?

If so, I Hope to see you there![​IMG]

8. Mono

Mono Member

Unfortunately I cant clone myself - and we are having GM Nick Elizar here in Germany for two weeks... so I cant be there for the Party :(

Have a great time and I am looking forward to seeing many many Articles, Photos and Videos from the Camp! :)

Please say hi and congratulations to GM Bobby from Philipp from Germany!

Enjoy and keep us updated!

Philipp "Mono" Wolf

9. guillermo taboada

guillermo taboada New Member

wolrd camp in las vegas by gm bobby taboada

The world camp event november 8 and 9 was a big success.
    This will be posted soon , thank you everybody.

Gm bobby taboada

10. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Manong Bobby,

Kumust na po ? It has been quiet sometime since we talked and or saw each other. Looks like things are still going well and strong with your Balintawak association.

Ingat po.

Louie
    Vancouver, Canada

11. darrell from bega

darrell from bega New Member

I would just like to say how the weekend was such a great sucess. It was great to finally meet alot of other balintawak students. Us aussie's travelled to Bobby's house a week before the seminar for some training. It was great to train with Bobby's students. It was alot of hard work training , drinking , eating , and then training again. The morning sessions was a sweaty one while the afternoon sessions focused more on technique. You think your going alright but then Bobby pulls out more great technique's from his bag of tricks which quickly brings you back down to earth. I love balintawak because it doesn't matter how much you train you will never know it all. You are forever learning and that's what I love the most. After a weeks solid training it was off to Las vegas for Bobbys seminar and grading. By now the nerves have started to kick in and I was just hoping that I remembered all me 24 technique's for full qualified instructo's test on sunday. We arrived in Las vegas on thursday and as aussie's do had a few drinks. Drinks went well into friday afternoon so around 4 pm enough was enough so off i went to bed. Saturday morning came quick and seminar started. Through the seminar I meet alot of great people. Masters and Grand Masters which I will remember for the rest of my life. Seminar finished and no drinks tonight because of the big day ahead. Early to bed and sunday came and it was time for my greatest challange. Not much for breakfast , very nervy at this moment. It is time to go to the seminar. From 9am till 12 went quickly and after a bit of a sweat during the seminar it was time for lunch. Did not eat to much because of nerves and it was time for balintatwak testing. Testing went for around 6 1/2 hours very hard both physically and mentally tiring. After doing my 24 techniques it was time to be feed by all fully qualified instructors and Grand Masters. I think there was around 13 of them. Very hard and all I could think about during my test as don't sware or drop my stick. All went well and finally I finished and passed my test. The memories of this trip will stay wih me forever and I would just like to finish up by saying how great the trip was and for those people who didn't go you missed out on some great training and great friendship that was made throughout the weekend. Most of all I would like to say thankyou to all the people that worked hard to make the seminar happen. I can't wait to see everyone again so we can do some more training.
    by for now
    darrell from bega

12. yomitche

yomitche New Member

Darrell -
    The QI test you and Alan did was great! You must have been exhausted, but I (and everyone else) could tell you both had done a lot of work to get ready. Congratulations!

Til next time, take care!

13. Pike

Pike New Member

Darrell & Yomitche
    Congratulations from all at Balintawak EU & UK on your excellent achievements [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Congratulations to all who tested for FQI & Completion of the Art [​IMG]

We look forward to more reports & Pics etc :party:

More Power to All

Best Regards
    Pike

14. guillermo taboada

Happy

Hi there in europe and to all,

happy thanksgiving, god bless. Will see you soon in nottingham uk..

Gm bobby taboada

how are you guys, alan jones, richard cotterill, bill murray and the rest of the crew.

Hi pikey baby.......

15. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

I had a real good time at your Grand Rapids seminar. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the "oxygen and good talk". Thanks[​IMG]

16. guillermo taboada

Gm bobby taboada las vegas event

THE LAS VEGAS EVENT, PLEASE VISIT fmadigest.com AND CLICK THE SPECIAL ISSUE COVER THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY.

GM BOBBY TABOADA

17. guillermo taboada

HI EVERYONE,
    HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A GOOD CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FMA PRACTICIONERS .

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
    RESULT OF THE LAS VEGAS EVENT VISIT.....
    www.internationalbalintawak.com THANK YOU.

GM BOBBY TABOADA

18. Pike

Pike New Member

Hi GM Bobby

Great reading the FMA Digest Special
    looks like a great time was had by all [​IMG]

Looking forwared to March 2009 when you visit Notts UK [​IMG]

All the best for the holidays and have a Happy Xmas [​IMG]

''To all FMA's have happy Xmas and a have a Great New Year''[​IMG]

Best Regards

Pike