Pocket Knives of Negros

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by Kyushinryu, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Kyushinryu

Kyushinryu New Member

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Love the picture and the new website for M.A.R.I.! [​IMG]

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Some cool pics in there. BTW, if I have to get into those low stances on a regular basis, I am staying away from Silat! LOL

4. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

The low stances are common in DTS too. Not necessarily to stay low, but constantly changing levels. The blades are cool, Binangon and Tabas(the old ones are the same as Panabas, and the new are like the old raliroad axes used here in the states). I love their new house too, it's awesome! Mike and May have done a lot over the years for DTS, great people!

5. KMAA

KMAA New Member

Those are some nice pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Are Guro Mike and Guro May Williams planning on attending John Bednarski's tournament in October?

6. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Dear Kyushinryu,

I want to thank you for posting this thread. The pictures you have are outstanding. I would really like to meet May and Mike, do you know if they will be at the P.I.G. in October? Thanks again for the pictures.

God Bless,
    Stephen Shy
    DTS Florida

7. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Yep, that would be cool, since May is the only Ohido de Caburata instructor I know of here in the states. I seems like all these wonderful people have one great thing in common, "Mata-Hari Tuhon Jerson 'Nene' Tortal Sr."!

8. Kyushinryu

Kyushinryu New Member

We've posted a cool video of the Oido Group on Youtube in 2003 when we spent a month and a half with Tuhon in Negros. We were honored to have many of the Grandmasters of Negros share a private demonstration of their rare arts. We've shared a few minutes of it with Youtube viewers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ias8zCOAosU