Pinoy hospitality tames ‘The Animal’

Discussion in 'FMA in the News' started by Apollo, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Apollo

Apollo Administrator

Pinoy hospitality tames ‘The Animal’
    By Ed Richelle Uy

IT was a homecoming of sorts for the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar David Michael Bautista, more popularly known as Batista, as he paid a visit to the Philippines, the native land of his grandparents, on September 7 to 9. He has never been to the country before, but said it was the Filipino culture that has molded and influenced him to succeed.

Thousands of Filipino fans welcomed the star wrestler at his rounds around the metropolis to promote the upcoming WWE Survivor Series Tour, slated on October 21 to 22 at the Araneta Coliseum.

During a news conference, Batista said he was impressed by the Filipino hospitality that he has heard so much about.

“I’m very proud of my roots,” said Batista as he showed off his tattoo that merged the Filipino and Greek flags.

“My father is Filipino, my grandparents are from the Philippines and my mother is Greek,” he explained. And though he doesn’t speak or understand Pilipino except for “mahal kita [I love you],” he says his grandparents have instilled in him the Filipino values of hospitality and showed him the importance of hard work and dedication.

Read More.....

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Another Pinoy Fighter(s)...

See here:

Video here.