Philippine Independence Parade in Boston!

Discussion in 'General' started by Carol, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Today at Boston's City Hall Plaza was a celebration of the independence of the Philippines. My school was a part of the festivities and everyone had a fantastic time!

Attached Files:

2. Carol

more pics...

Attached Files:

3. Carol

After the parade, many folks gathered in a celebration of culture on City Hall Plaza, including a celebration of traditional types dance and music. Our school did a demonstration as well.

The events started raising of the Pilipino flag, and the singing of both national anthems. We had a short break for some traditional food, and the celebrations began!

Attached Files:

4. Carol

More pics...

Attached Files:

5. Carol

The MAists pictured my teachers, Guros Mike and May Williams of Martial Arts Research Institute in Salem, MA. [​IMG]

The demos were fairly short. It was very humid outside and we had several performers coming up after us. Mike and May did a demonstration together, May improvised a balisong anyo, and then Mike and one of our senior students did a demonstration as well.

The demonstrations were a lot of fun, they showed some single and double stick moves and disarms as well as some empty hand principles. The demonstrations usually ended with a takedown, and I think Guro May's takedown of Guro Mike got the largest round of applause [​IMG]

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Neat! Thanks for sharing!