Pekiti-Tirsia Kali in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by PAKali, Apr 25, 2010.

1. PAKali

PAKali New Member

Hello,
    I am in the process of launching a PTK training group in Central Pennsylvania. More specifically, we have been meeting in the Camp Hill area, but this may change when a more suitable location is found. It has been my belief since I began training that this area needs Pekiti. Not only are there relatively few options for the aspiring FMA practitioner, but the location itself is highly conducive to this type of training. It's close proximity to mountains and forests offers numerous opportunities for outdoor/environmental training, which I have come to believe is an important component of PTK. This group will be under the guidance of Agalon Rob Walker and we will be traveling to West Chester from time to time to train with him. The training in Harrisburg is free of charge, however, I am attempting to be somewhat cautious about who is trained. We're looking for people who have a sincere interest in PTK and are serious about protecting themselves and their families. If you're interested, toss me an email.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  2. blindside

blindside student

About a year ago I met a guy out of York who was interest in training PTK. I'll forward him this thread.

3. Killbot

Killbot Sereeus Biznus

I'm a couple of hours south of you. Its good to see more FMA type things in the area. Good luck. Maybe I'll get a chance to come through your way.

4. PAKali

PAKali New Member

Blindside, that would be great as we've been training pretty close to I-83, which makes it an easy commute from York. We already have a guy coming from down that way. Killbot, anytime you're in the area, just let me know. Thanks guys.

5. dano

dano New Member

Hi Phil H,

My name is Dan and I have been practicing FMA for some time in Harrisburg with a small group of guys. We train in my backyard which is about an acre closed in by huge trees with a two car garage that has a small training center upstairs inside with mats punching bag ect. Outside could train 20 plus inside 10 people, we also dabble in Point fighting, Thai kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu but the primary art practiced is FMA. Please contact me so we can talk carenordan@comcast.net

Thanks,
    Dan

6. PAKali

PAKali New Member

Dan,
    Thanks for reaching out! This was exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for with this post. I know there is a ton of interest in central PA and I suspected that there were scattered groups actually training, like your own. What type of FMA are you guys currently practicing? I'll try to sit down tonight after work and email you so we can maybe set something up, especially if you guys are at all interested in PTK. Thanks again. -Phil

7. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

Just to follow up on this post.. We just signed the lease to our second location here in PA. We now have classes in West Chester and Phoenixville.

Please contact me if you're local and interested in checking out these schools.

We also offer BJJ, Kickboxing, and Dumpag

www.ptk-pa.com

Thanks

8. jrest75

jrest75 New Member

I'm in Harrisburg and I'm looking for some place to train. I've had some experience in Kali and I want to continue. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.

9. Tym C.

Tym C. New Member

Jrest75,
    I sent an e-mail to Phil for you since he hasn’t been on in a little while.

10. PAKali

PAKali New Member

JRest75, thanks for your interest, I sent you a PM. Also, to any martial arts schools in the Harrisburg (or more specifically the west shore) area, we're exploring the option of renting some training space. We'd be trying to have sessions only about once a week but would need some flexibility with the block of time. Let me know if you're interested. -Phil

11. Ian Sammy Sikorski

Ian Sammy Sikorski New Member

In reply to pekiti in pa.id love to come check out what you guys are doin.i just did the 2011 summer camp with Tuhon McGrath.im very much into traning with Agalon Rob Walker and you guys.im in the tri state area of pa.ny,nj,pa.west chester would even be better its closer to me.let me know what you think.im going to also send an email at the ptk pa web site.
    Regards,
    Mr Ian Sammy Sikorski
    sammywest06@yahoo.com
    646 290 4719

12. dmorris

dmorris New Member

Hi PHIL,
    This is Dan Morris we briefly spoke a while back I am starting an FMA training group in Harrisburg the group will meet on Sundays the location is a farm that is currently used as a sports performance training center. Indoor or outdoor training for large groups the group will begin meeting in Feb 2015 great location for FMA seminars. If your interested contact me at dwm2865@gmail.com or 7178291072 hope to here from you!
    Dan
    It's time to get FMA established in Harrisburg.

13. PAKali

PAKali New Member

Dan,
    I apologize for not seeing this sooner. I've moved out of the area and am currently working on establishing a group in West Virginia. Best of luck with your endeavors.