Pekiti Tirsia Kali announcement

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Tagapagbalita, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Tagapagbalita

Tagapagbalita New Member

The following is an official statement from the leadership of Pekiti Tirsia Kali:

Please let it be known that Timothy (Tim) Waid is no longer recognized as a representative or legitimate instructor of Pekiti Tirsia Kali. He is no longer authorized to teach under the banner of Pekiti Tirsia Kali and must remove all references of himself as a part of Pekiti Tirsia Kali. Tim Waid is no longer authorized to use any version of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali name and logo or that of Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje, Jr. in any way.

Any future certifications and promotions by Tim Waid of students, instructors, groups, and schools past the date of this announcement are not valid. These future certifications and promotions will not be recognized by Grand Tuhon or the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community.

Despite being given several warnings and second chances by Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje, Jr., Tim Waid has continued the destructive behavior below:

Tim Waid has continuously been discourteous and disrespectful to Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje, Jr. as well as other Tuhons and instructors of Pekiti Tirsia Kali. He has repeatedly manipulated the trust of members of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community. His actions have undermined efforts made by others to unite the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community. This includes purposely dividing the loyalties of students in the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community for his personal gain.

Tim Waid has hindered the positive growth and collaborative efforts of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community by making personal attacks on other officially recognized instructors. He has misrepresented his authority by falsely claiming that he is the only source for authentic Pekiti Tirsia Kali. Furthermore, Tim Waid has created bad relations with other martial arts styles and organizations by directly insulting members of those communities while representing his views as those of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community.

This action of terminating the relationship of Tim Waid and Pekiti Tirsia Kali is an effort to protect the trust and camaraderie of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community, maintain the positive values of the Pekiti Tirsia Kali community, and prevent bad relations with the entire martial arts community. We hope that this action will keep the future of Pekiti Tirsia Kali growing in a positive direction.

Effective Immediately

[​IMG]

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

here we go...

3. Simon S

Simon S New Member

This has been posted on all martial arts discussion forums the OP could find. Sadly Tagapagbalita claims to only be the messenger and unsure as to why Tim has been dismissed.

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

While I am surprised that it has come to this, I am not surprised at the rationale.

5. billc

billc New Member

I have been a fan of PTK and have trained in it in the past, as well as in DTS kali, and I have to say, I am not surprised. Mr. Waid isn't the first instructor to be kicked out of an organization, and I am sure he will be fine, he seems very talented, and his people in this area are very good, and talented and very nice. Eventually, every teacher of an art breaks ties with their teacher...they have to do things the way they think are best...it would be good if there weren't bad feelings...but that is probably too much to hope for...

6. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

While I'm sad to see this posted, prudence dictates that waiting to see how this shakes out is the best course of action imo.

William

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I always find these situations when brought out in the open very distasteful!!! Keep your crap to yourselves if at all possible! ;)

8. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Agreed for the most part Brian, but public actions tend to elicit public responses.

9. Charlie

Charlie New Member

its sad to see stuff like this posted, and it is sad that is has to be posted publicly but if it is not then people will say its not true distort the truth and say well did anyone see it.