Pedoy's Derobio Escrima

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by Mchief, Aug 15, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'll certainly look forward to learning more about this.

2. Howzit?! Saludo Mchief. Looking forward to the tests this Saturday.

Much respect,
    kini_boy

3. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Howzit MChief, will you be attending the October Tournament?

4. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Derobio tournament in Hawaii

5. Mchief

Mchief New Member

GGM Pedoy life on Leyte

I started a thread in the General Forum. If you have any specific questions I will try to answer. I will post about his life in Hawaii when time permits/

6. derobioboodah

derobioboodah New Member

Hello everybody!! I am a student of MChief and his sons Chief Chaz and Chief Bo. I recently became Asst. Maestro under their tutelage and I must say it is an honor to be under their instruction. I look forward to meeting other FMA practioners on this site. If anyone has any questions, I hope I can be of some help. I learn every day from the Siangco family. Not just training, but being a good person of the Filipino Martial Arts..

Mahalo

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome aboard!

8. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Fund Raiser

Hey MChief, attended GM Ty's fund raiser last night, it sounds like there is going to be a huge turnout for the tournament. Im really looking forward to seeing how big the Pacific Showdown can get. Sounds like GM Ty has been working hard to get people to attend. I believe Datu Hartman (FMA Talk moderator and Datu of Modern Arnis) and his tribe is going to be entering to the tournament as well. It sounds like other schools from the mainland are going to show up and compete too. This is going to be great!!

9. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Excellent news! According to GGM Ty it went well . You go to Hawaii for a vacation and FMA Tounament , how great is that. See you there!

10. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

If I had the time and money I would go to that also. This is a great thing for all Hawaii nei. Many people should realize that 'escrima' has been in Hawaii for generations. Please take a lot of pictures for the groups site. Master Chief I am looking forward to seeing you this Saturday in Sacramento. I'll call you before. Mahalo, Aloha and Malama Pono.

11. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

StixMaster - Nice avatar, you Samoan? Im Afakasi - 1/2 German.

12. StixMaster

Yes I'm afakasi Samoan/Hawaiian, Master Chief Siangco and I went to high school together Aiea, then I lived in Waipahu filipino camp. Thats why I know about FMA and Polynesian martial arts too. Back in the 80's is when I met GGM Angel Cabales(Serrada) when I used to be with GM A. Davis before he was GM. Same with GM Robert Castro, I knew him before he was GM. You know how it is with island families, we all got Filipino, Japenese and Chinese or Korean relatives and cousins. Tofa Soifua my Uso.

13. StixMaster

MC Siangco, I will see you in Sacramento. Aloha

14. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Looking forward to a great time.

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's great to see all this interest in this art! If interest continues then we'll be happy to make a forum for the Derobio and/or Pedoy system.

16. StixMaster

A forum would be nice. That would give them an opportunity to continue to share. Mahalo Arnisador for your help in bringing the other FMA that came out of Hawaii.

17. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Welcome

18. AML M7

AML M7 New Member

Derobio and Cancer

M Chief,

I was one of your students before I was sick and got diagnosed with cancer. Although my attendance was short, a few months, your teachings and philosophies were memorable in that they helped me approach my cancer and recovery. I took the harsh drugs of chemo and radiation, rehab, pills, and sickness and tried to counter with my brain and good humor; only things I had at the time. It was analogous to your methods of moving and countering. Beyond self-defense, could you say that Derobio can also be used for dealing with life? Thank you so much.

-Sam

19. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Yes! When a bad situation arises, weither it be physical, emotional , or spiritual use Derobio principles to counter them. I am very pleased that you are fighting this. Never give up! Look at life through the prism of love and compassion, forgiveness and caring. Derobio Escrima is more than combat. It builds ones compassion for others.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  20. StixMaster

That is indeed a tribute from a former student's experience with Derobio. So we all cna see that it is a style that can touch all aspects of one's life. Malama Pono