Pedoy's Derobio Escrima

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by Mchief, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Greetings
    I'm posting for the first time but I have been checking on FMA community for awhile and I am pleased to see interest in the filipino arts and the discussions and insights thats presented. I could not find a post on Derobio until today. A student of mine from Texas was asking for any Derobio Escrimadors and I thought I would respond to his request. Well I guess I'm part of this community and I am looking forward to speaking to some of you. Back in Hawaii in the 60's 70's no one outside of the family knew of Kali, Escrima, or Arnis and now it is here and it is here to stay. Yet the martial arts community has barely scratched the surface of the movements of Escrima. But its exciting to see the evolution the art has gone through.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. 408kali

408kali New Member

Greetings Mchief Chris, I met a former student who relocated to the Bay Area, and that led me to find your website and read about your lineage. I came to really appreciate your art! I am very glad you are here, very warm welcome!

~John

3. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Thanks John I believe I remember that young man. He told me that he was moving north. I hope he his still practicing. I told him it does'nt really matter what style he studies because we all begin at the same point, we branch out but at the end we all come back full circle.

4. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Welcome to the Forum

5. 408kali

408kali New Member

I'm sure he is. I was planning on possibly seeing him at Pistahan in SF this year but unfortunately I missed it. I heard the HaloHalo wasn't up to par anyway :)
    At any rate warm welcome thanks for the wise words. There was a gentleman on this site looking for FMA instruction in Hawaii, and I noticed on www.pedoyescrima.com that there's an instructor there? Maybe he might be interested in contacting the instructor there.

6. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Grandmaster Tyrone Takahashi is head of the Main Branch of The Pedoy School of Escrima. The school is located in Waipahu. The School phone number is on the web site.

7. Mchief

Mchief New Member

The web site for the is www.pedoysescrima.com We went with a new web designer and the site is currently under construction, But the ph. number is on there. We had 2 seperate web sites, One for San Diego and one for Hawaii. Both are being incorporated into one site.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I met a student of Derobio Eskrima once but he had only been practicing for a few months so he could show me very little.

9. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Great Grandmaster Braulio T. Pedoy

Very little is known about GGM Pedoy or his Art of Derobio Escrima outside of the family but I think if he was with us today he would enjoy this site. As a way of introducing GGM Pedoy I will attempt to post some pictures taken in Hawaii in the 70's. The pictures are old so it may be a little grainy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  10. 408kali

408kali New Member

11. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

welcome to the forum
    I would be interested in hearing more about your system
    do you know if there are any practictioners in the north east/new england area of the states

12. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Aloha

Aloha, I'm from Hawaii and went to school with a Chris and Leonard Siagnco, who played in a band with a late friend 'Billy Nipp' who recently passed away in Las Vegas. I also grew up with some Siangcos in Red Hill housing, they went to Farrington. I used to live in Waipahu camp too! I train with EskaboDaan.com which comes out of San Francisco, please brah check out the website. If you know who I'm talking about please send me a pm. Mahalo and Aloha and again welcome to FMA talk.

13. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Thank You for the welcome! At the moment there are no instructors in your area. The official web site www.pedoysescrima.com is being overhauled. You can go to www.myspace.com/derobioescrima and meet my family and get some information on GGM Pedoy and Gen. Faustino Ablen, his teacher. If its possible I can start a thread and share the history and stories told to us by GGM. Pedoy.

14. Mchief

Mchief New Member

How'st Bra

This is Chris Siangco. I went to Aiea High School in 1969 and 1970. Billy was the singer for the Rhythm Souls. I played lead guitar. How long you practicing Escrima? You remember in Aiea the CHA- Kenpo people? Thats who Lennie and I started out with until I started Derobio Escrima. Email me and we can talk somemore csiangco@gmail.com or send a private message on this forum

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  15. Mchief

Mchief New Member

bruddah

Tasi, man this is a good day. How you doing? I went to WWW.EsdaboDaan.com and saw your picuture. We got hook up. I noticed the event calendar and I will try to bring some of my students. We don't normally attend tournaments but this one I have to make an exception. I think I get mo white hair than you. When will the history portion of your art be ready? I 'd like to know about it and how you got started in the FMA. I just recently started posting in this forum because I keep getting invitations to post. I like persistence! Now I get into everything on this site. At my age its fun for me to learn about other FMA people and what they are praciticing. Its not like the old days when all the masters kept their art private. Send me your email and will invite you to my ohana's web site and you can meet my ohana. I got Billy and Mary's picture before they got married.
    Much Aloha
    Chris

16. Mchief

Mchief New Member

blind

I just noticed the date on the tournament. I keep forgetting my age. We got to hook up at the next function or maybe in Hawaii in Oct. Let me know if there is another seminar or tournament that you will be attending.

17. viejo

viejo New Member

Mr Siangco,

could be very nice if u can shar eosme stories and more on the art of Derobio's Escrima....

Thanks and regards

Viejo

18. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

If there's sufficient interest shown, we'll be happy to create a forum for it. Let's see if we can get a few threads going on it and if we can attract a few more practitioners!

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

19. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

It was the escrima that the local people knew about and was never mentioned. But only a few learned back in the 60's, Master Chief Siangco is one of them. He and I as you already know are friends from High School back in Hawaii. San Diego area is fortunate to have him there. I'll be so glad to see him again. This style has flow, it has great blades. Plus Arnisador he got his Kenpo training from Prof. Tiwanek line.

20. Mchief

Mchief New Member

I will post an introduction of GGM. Pedoy and and how he began in Derobio in The General Forum and see where it goes. Thank You for the opportunity to share about GGM Pedoy it has been a long time coming.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007