Peace & Blessings!

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Datusadiq, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Datusadiq

Datusadiq New Member

Peace & Blessings!

My name is Darrell Sarjeant. I am the chief instructor of the Sadiq Warrior Arts System. I have been blessed to learn under various Grandmasters and Masters of several different martial arts. Some of which include:

Dr. Moses Powell, Sanuces Ryu Ju Jitsu
    GM Lil' John Davis, Kumite Ryu Ju Jitsu
    Bapak Cliff Stewart, Kilat Pukulan Pencak Silat
    Ahati Kilindi Iyi, African Martial Arts
    Punong Guro Hassan Ali, Aneh Palu Kali
    Maestro Guro John Bain, Espiritu Mandirigma Sistema
    Ama Guro Raffy Pambuan, Pambuan Family Arnis
    Grand Tuhon Florendo Visitacion (Prof. Vee)

I look forward to sharing knowledge with everyone.

Miraming Salamat Po!

Darrell Sarjeant

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome to FMATalk! I've seen a very little bit of Pambuan Arnis, but while I recognize the names of some of the other systems I don't know much about them. Does your African martial arts training include stickwork/bladework?

3. Datusadiq

Datusadiq New Member

Mabuhay Arnisidor:

Yes, the African Martial Arts has a tremendous amount of stick and blade training.

At present, I am learning the aspects of Naboot, Tchaa, and the Zulu Stick & Shield Combat. Our blade training ranges from very small blades to machete size to sword size as well.

My training in Pambuan Arnis stems primarily through Espiritu Mandirigma under Kuya John Bain, who is the first person to be promoted to Guro outside the Pambuan family, and I am the first person promoted to Guro in Espiritu Mandirigma Arnis. But, Pambuan Arnis is a classical method with training in Single/Double Stick, Edged Weapon, Buno, Kuntaw/Mano Mano, and Latigo. Ama Guro now has some seminar tapes on the market that can be bought directly from his website or from Tuhon Dianoldo's website.

Salamat!

Darrell

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Neat! I know a little about the Zulu method--not from experience, but from the web and TV--but not the other methods you mention.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Darrell,

Glad to have you over here at FMATalk. When you
    learn from Kilindi Ihi are you coming to Detroit! Last
    time I saw him was a long, long, long time ago at
    a Dan Inosanto seminar in East Lansing. Once,
    again glad to have you over here.

Brian R. VanCise
    www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

6. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Welcome aboard.

7. Datusadiq

Datusadiq New Member

Thank you for your warm welcome.

Guro Brian, I train with Ahati more so in Dallas, TX. We also travel in some of the same circles and I catch training with him then as well as he been here to Oklahoma City.

Peace & Blessings!

Darrell