Paul Vunak/PFS/DEFCON.

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by arnisador, Jan 10, 2006.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, thanks! Now I know!

2. Sheung

Sheung New Member

So longest weapon say a two machette sharp, hidden, and glistening used for interception where is the clinch the trapping range and the clinch comes into this as a finishing tool the only finishing tool is that machette.

So you may know hundreds of ways to get to the clinch the machettes may know one that makes all that too many moves.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Paul Vunak News.

His web page has just been updated and includes disclaimers that he is no longer associated with PFS Video or with DEFCON; it's all Executive PFS now, apparently, and he's quite blunt that it's a marketing move:
    http://www.fighting.net/

He's also split with his instructor Bruce Corrigan.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

NY Times Article.

In the 20 August 2006 NY Times, there is an article (free preview here) on people using martial arts DVDs to learn how to fight. They report an anecdote of a 44 year old man using Paul Vunak's tactics, learned from a DVD, to win a bar-fight. Bruce Corrigan is pictured in the article. Don Wasser of PFS Video is quoted as saying that sales of the company's street fighting videos are up 50% in the past 4 years. He states that most of the customers are not martial artists, and that they watch the videos for fight ideas rather than new things to work into training as a martial artist might.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT.

Paul Vunak Promo Clip:
    [yt]mX1glZtZejs[/yt]

7. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard New Member

Forgive for not first posting in the Meet & Greet section first folks. I saw this thread and felt I had something to share with Monkey:

I find it odd that you claim being one of Bruce’s students, but can’t get the concept of Clinch Range. Jun Fan Kickboxing places emphasis on securing an entry from a long range reference point to enable us to get to “Trapping Range”. Trapping range is the clinch! This is where you finish the guy off- end of. If you can bypass the “tennis match” all together and go straight to trapping range- all the better. Most fights do not start as a kickboxing competition; they are usually instigated from an unsolicited encroachment which is born out of a personal conflict. Many times the bad guy does not have his hands up and if he attacks from this close range, intercepting and going straight to trapping range is anything but telegraphic.

Out

Joe

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Anyone know how this new system is working out for Mr. Vunak? From his website it seems like things are moving along!

9. UrBaN

UrBaN New Member

"“Trapping Range”. Trapping range is the clinch!"

Exactly! I've been saying it for years, this is the 1st time I see it in wrtiting by another person.

10. johnmarkpainter

johnmarkpainter New Member

Unless of course you happen to be really good at "Tennis" :)

I believe that Bruce Lee said something to the effect of "The easiest way to win a fight is to just reach over and knock him out..."

True economy of motion.

jmp