Pat Robertson on Karate: Avoid Inhaling Demon Spirits.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, May 12, 2010.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

For those of you who may have been considering opening up your own martial arts school but find yourself wondering "What Would Pat Robertson Do?", here's some guidance:
    [yt]p8Lg6aUZykw[/yt]

So, for those of you who have been "inhaling some demon spirits" before practicing...reconsider.

2. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

That's what I've been doing wrong!

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

What a dip$h!t...

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Wow that is hillarious!

5. punisher73

punisher73 Member

I know he sounds like a crackpot, but what he says is legitimate. There are indonesian arts that have you "channel" the spirits of past masters and others before practice to teach you things and how to fight.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yeah, but he made it sound like this was a widespread, mainstream practice, to my mind--like MMAers are doing it to get psyched up.

7. punisher73

punisher73 Member

True, he could have specified a little more. Sounds like Dianetics and Scientology and their "gremlins". That's the bad part about limited understanding of martial arts. I have heard other ministers/pastors talk about how martial arts are a cult etc. because of limited knowledge of what is done.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I actually expected him to be wholly negative about it so I was pleasantly surprised by his comments about Chuck Norris' programs (though he could have used more politically correct language). I'm not a fan of his so I was expecting the worst.

9. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Isn't inhaling essential..hmmm oh wait Im talking about good ganja...lol..Robertson = crack pot dogma eating machine!