Pak Classic 2008

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by tswolfman, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. yomitche

yomitche New Member

I have a couple of questions about this tournament so I can come prepared. For example, how will the stick fighting divisions be set up? By weight, rank, etc. Also, will the stick sparring be set up as continuous sparring or another format? Finally, what kind of safety equipment will be required or expected? Thanks!

3. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Thank you for your interest. Our tournament will be following a point style format, not a continuous format. The only gear required for you to bring for the padded weapon sparring will be Head gear with face cage or face sheild, hand guards, and for men, cups. Other protection is optional such as chest protector, leg guards, & forearm protection. The divisons are set up by age & rank, the size of each divison determines if any will be combined. We will have more information out soon. We will have padded sticks provided for each ring by Smak Stik. If you are interested in reciving a copy of the rules. Please message me with your address and I will send you a copy of the rules.

4. Segi

Segi New Member

2008 Pak Classic/ WMAA Ohio State Championships

Pre registration deadline is fast approaching and the mail box is filling up fast!Many downtown businesses and restaraunts will be staying open late to accomodate everyone coming in. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting those of you that have emailed! If you are thinking of staying at our local B&B The Rose heart Inn please make you arrangements soon as they are almost full.

5. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

We have had a few inquires as to what our rules were so i thought i would post them. No punching or kicking will be allowed in the stick or sword fighting contests. ONLY the weapon can score otherwise it is a penality. Grabbing or sweeping is not allowed. If this dosen't anwser all of your questions please feel free to PM me with more questions.

Rules
    Forms
    Competitors will be judged on a decimal point System with a scale of 5.00 to 9.99
    Beginners will use 5.5 to 7.5
    Intermediates will use 6.0 to 8.0
    Advanced will use 6.5 to 8.5
    Black Belt / Grand Champion will use 7.0 to 9.99

Weapon Forms and Empty Hand Forms will be graded on
    1. Technique
    2. Precision
    3. Balance
    4. Difficulty
    5. Overall Performance

Any forms competitor that goes out of the ring will be deducted a point.
    All Competitors are allowed to restart once. However they will be deducted one point for doing so. If they can not do so on the second attempt they will be judged on what they did do with a penalty from the judges.
    Any weapon competitor that loses control of their weapon will be deducted one point. If they have to restart they will do so with a second penalty. Any weapons competitor that makes contact with anyone other then themselves with their weapon during their performance will automatically disqualified. Even if it is during the process of entering or leaving the ring. The competitors should also be graded on the weapon they are using, higher scores should go to functional weapons not flashier weapons. No Music allowed.

Sparring
    Color belt matches will consist of two 1 min rounds with a 30 second break in between, or first person to 5 points per round. Overall first person to 9 wins or highest points overall. In the case of a tie head Referee decides winner
    Black belt matches will consist of two 2 min rounds with a 30 second break in between, or fist person to 7 points per round. Overall first person to 11 wins or highest points overall. In the case of a tie head Referee decides winner. Anytime the center referee feels the match should stop, one person dominating the other, He can call the match . Safety first.

Legal points
    2 points for a controlled contact to the side or top of the head
    1 point for controlled contact to the body
    1 point additional if the force of the techniques knocks the person off his/her feet ( they fall to the ground)

Penalties
    Any contact to legs, neck, back, face, back of head, or groin will be assessed a minus point
    Grabbing or Hooking will be assessed a minus point
    Sweeps or takedowns will be automatic disqualification
    3 minus points automatic disqualification

Padded Weapon Sparring
    Color belt matches will consist of two 1 min rounds with a 30 second break in between, or first person to 5 points per round. Overall first person to 9 wins or highest points overall. In the case of a tie head Referee decides winner
    Black belt matches will consist of two 2 min rounds with a 30 second break in between, or fist person to 7 points per round. Overall first person to 11 wins or highest points overall. In the case of a tie head Referee decides winner. Anytime the center referee feels the match should stop, one person dominating the other, He/she can call the match . Safety first.

Legal points
    2 points for Striking to the head
    2 points for Visibly Clean disarm
    1 point for Striking or Thrusting to the body ( front & back)
    1 point for Striking to the extremities ( legs, arms, shoulders, etc.)

Penalties
    Striking to the groin or poking to the face will be assessed a minus point
    3 minus points automatic disqualification

Required Equipment for sparring
    Head Gear ( with / Face Shield for Padded Weapon Sparring )
    Hand Guards
    Feet Guards
    Groin Protection
    ( Optional ) Shin and Forearm Guards
    Clean Uniform ( up to Individual Instructor as to what style

6. yomitche

yomitche New Member

Thanks for posting the rules! Very comprehensive and helpful!

7. Segi

Segi New Member

2008 Pak Classic

Just a reminder that the pre registration deadline is this Thurs. the 15th. The discounted rate will be given to entries postmarked by this date.
    Looking to be an excellent turnout so far!!!

8. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Location Change

On Sat. June 14th Morrow Counties first Martial Arts State Championship tournament , "The Pak Classic"
    will be held in the Cherry Street gym.Originally to be held at Park Ave. the increasing number of entries will be better accommodated at the Cherry St. location.The Cherry Street building is on the other side of the public swimming pool from Park Ave please park in the swimming pool lot.
    Referee Meeting: 10am
    Competition Starts: 10:30am sharp!
    Spectator Fee: $5. ( Age 5 and under free)
    For more information contact "The Pak" at 419-947-9900 or visit the website www.WolfpakTeam.com

9. Segi

Segi New Member

2008 Pak Classic

Cant wait to see everyone Sat!!!!

10. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

See you tommorow. Rmember there has been a change of Location to accomidate everyone, To 145 Cherry Street. For more information Please Call !-419-947-9900.

good Luck all competitiors

11. yomitche

yomitche New Member

I had a good time at the Pak Classic and am already looking forward to competing next year. I hope to bring more stickfighters with me next year, but the competition was still a lot of fun to both watch and participate in this year. It was also a pleasure to meet Datu Hartman who I found to be both encouraging to the competitors and a down to earth man to talk to. Finally, the pace of the tournament was great! The organizers kept things moving and nobody appeared to be dragging at the end of the day. Thanks for a great tournament!