Pacquiao v. Hatton - May 2nd

Discussion in 'The Den' started by Robert Klampfer, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Looks like it may be a very good match. This is one I've been anticipating for a while. Both fighters are looking good. I'm thinking this one's not going to go to the cards - someone's going to be KO'd.

Robert

2. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Ricky Hatton is double tough and I do like him as a fighter but as I see it he has never dealt with the onslaught of offense that will be thrown at him. He may have fought a few faster fighters ..Floyd Jr. for one..but Floyd Jr. doesn't bring the offense that Pac man does..he is the classic roller and mover a counter punching machine. If you go back and look at Hatton's fights you will see movement , speed, and a southpaw gives him trouble...I would say UH-Oh for Hatton....He brought in Floyd Sr. in my opinion the most over rated trainer in the game...he spews on and on how he fixed Hatton. Bull S***...there is no fixing a man who has fought a certain way his entire career and been highly effective..he may have given him a few extra tools but when the fire burns hottest and he feels pinched he like all fighters will go back to their honey spot...and with Hatton that will be his down fall. He will try and bull rush Pac to the ropes to unleash the flurries of destruction to the body and hopefully land a patented Hatton elbow inside as well....trouble is..Pac will not be there...foot speed is the key...Manny is as fast as they come, with both feet and hands and in the end that speed with tremendous in and out ability with offense coming from the skies will KO Hatton.

My prediction:

Pac Man KO over Hatton in round 7.......

3. Agree with your analysis Mike but may well be a TKO for a cut / stoppage. IMO Manny's foot / hand speed and lateral movement will be too much for Hatton.

I will say one thing for my countryman. You can be guaranteed that he will show more fight than Del La Hoya did.

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I agree..it will be a fast and furious and nasty fight for however long it lasts.....I wouldn't be surprised to see both hit the canvas...but in the end..speed kills..and Manny is fast as crap through a goose.....lightning!!!

5. Robert Klampfer

Hm, I don't know... Hatton was wise enough to see the need for a change. Maybe he's wise enough to apply it. We'll see in two weeks.

Funny, I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe a TKO, though.

Of that, there is no doubt!

Robert

6. Wow. I thought Manny would win but I wonder if anybody saw this coming so early. Hatton certainly didn't..

[​IMG]

7. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I want a Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao matchup... I'm so sick of Flod talking so much ***** all over the place... Comparing himself to Ali and talking ***** about MMA like he can actually survive a round against any MMA fighter... He doesn't have the skills to be in the cage... Dana White has offered to have him fight in the UFC and Floyd didn't say *****... He turns down an offer and now is talking ***** about MMA? He needs to back up his ***** talking...

I don't want Dana White to fight Floyd against Sean Sherk, I want Dana White to sick BJ Penn on Floyd... Make him respect MMA...

http://mmamania.com/2007/04/19/dana-white-calls-floyd-mayweathers-bluff/

8. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Phalanx I agree with you...finally, eh..LOL...Floyd is Floyd ..he is just like his dad..diarrhea of the mouth. He has no skill suitable other than pugilism to go into a cage match...he would simply be taken down, and either submitted quickly or pounded out. Before we jump the gun and call for a pac vs. Floyd Jr. match up we had better not sleep on Juan Manuel Marquez..he gave Pac fits twice..and IMHO will beat Mayweather....a 2 year Hiatus from boxing is a long time..(see Tito)...and to jump into the deep end with a shark like Marquez will not be easy...I think Floyd may end up square on his back....JMM is a bad, bad man...dangerous..pissed off and hungry.

We shall see..July 18..my house..wife will cook the Pinoy chow..and u all bring your 10 bucks for the fight..I will fire up the 50 inch flat screen and roll out some beverages and we shall have a time..come on down y'all

9. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Pacquiao knocked Hatton the **** out. 2.50 minutes into the second round.. Manny couldn't have timed it better, as the time keeper was letting them know that there was 10 seconds left in the round, Manny came across and let Hatton know the fight was over.. Turn out the lights, the party was over

10. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Manny didn't either.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUKTRE5420MO20090503?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

I'm very happy to see him doing so well!

11. kali-rand

kali-rand New Member

Owell, da filipino hits hard again. Pound for pound... hopes he does it again an again.

12. Robert Klampfer

Looks like we both called that one wrong! That was a stellar performance by Pacquiao.

That was the most brutal KO I've seen in recent memory. I was seriously concerned for Hatton when he hit the mat so hard.

What was really interesting to me from a technical perspective was that the three knockdowns came from different punches -- 1) right hook, 2) straight left and 3) left hook.

13. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Robert I called it to the tee...my only mistake was the 7th round prediction..all else right on the nut.
    An early Mayweather vs. Marquez prediction.....Little Floyd don't come asleep, roll back a time machine and dust a few years off...jumping in the deep end with a shark like Marquez can make for a short night.

My prediction...Marquez..TKO..over Lil Floyd..round 8...to much experience fighting top fighters vs. a two year lay off and a ho-hum line up of stiffs...hmmm I'll take the experience.

14. Robert Klampfer

That's the part I was talking about. I too was thinking 7th, or even 9th round.

Robert