Pacquaio vs Hoya

Discussion in 'The Den' started by daryl510, Dec 2, 2008.

1. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

Hello FMA Talk! Pacman vs Goldenboy Dec. 6 - What are your predictions?
    (im shocked to see no thread about this)

Lets keep this thread going even after the results.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I have a 100.00 bet on this fight.. Pacman knocks out Goldenboy so hard that he will think he is riding the rainbow to the pot of gold that he sees while on his back.. Problem is the gold he sees is going to be the lights on the ceiling.

3. el maldito de cebu

el maldito de cebu New Member

I hope that he is in good condition and that he is in good shape. I hope he could be in his best because it is not in his weight division hope he is comfortable on it. he could surely knock out golden boy hopefully

4. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Pacman!

I don't know much about their history but my moneys on Pacquaio, then again I am bias. Arrg... I wish i could watch the fight but i don't have pay per view!

I guess i can watch in youtube the next day.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  5. Dawn

Dawn New Member

I'm predicting the roads will be empty on Sunday morning here in the P.I. like it was a national holiday hahaha and of course I'm rooting for the PacMan!

I'm not an avid fan of boxing so I also don't know their history very much, but this is the one guy who can put the whole nation on halt and stop the political squabbling for a while. Go Manny!

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

After seeing the news clip that ABS-CBN did on Manny while training in the states this weekend, I wonder how the food that I saw him eating could possibly hamper his movement this weekend.. His meal that I saw consisted of Rice and beef with so much oil, it looked like it could have slid off of the plate if it wasn't on the table.. Hopefully his metabolism will digest this meal fast enough for him to be able to move effortlessly this weekend.. The 100.00 bet that I have on him winning the fight would make a good gift to Bantay Bata for christmas..

7. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

If Manny looks as good as he did against Diaz, De La Hoya is in trouble. I saw a different Pacman during that fight - disciplined, technical, stronger. I think the pundits are making too much noise over the weight class. I'm looking for a knockout (not TKO) by Pacman.

Robert

8. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I don't think I'll be able to catch the fight :(

But I will be seriously rooting for Pac-Man!

9. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Since I am a day ahead of you people who live in the states, I will keep you informed as to wins the fight after you place your bets with me.. No problem as I need funds for christmas and be willing to tell you the winner of the fight on sunday..:schild24::EvilGrin:

10. Carol

I better bet on De La Hoya then. I have a notorious habit of picking the loser whenever I put money on a sports bet. ;)

11. Robert Klampfer

:confused: Um, the fight will be live on pay-per-view... :wink2:

12. Robert Klampfer

Ironically, I wasn't much of a boxing fan either until I started into Balintawak. Since then, I've become quite a fan. There are several Filipino boxers who are quite good. Pacquaio gets practically all of the attention since he's currently one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world.

He just needs to stick to boxing and stay out of politics (and singing!).

Robert

13. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Robert, the politics it's possible to stay out of, but getting a Pinoy to stop singing is a lost cause.. :eek:

14. Carol

Aww shucks...and I was enjoying the illusory concept of getting the fight from ...the beyond.... ;) :D

15. silat1

silat1 Active Member

This was a stab at sarcasm.. We are seeing the fight Sunday morning and yes it is on pay perview.

16. Robert Klampfer

Ha! Very good point! What was I thinking...?

Robert

17. Robert Klampfer

I'm with you. I was goofing, too! :cheers:
    Robert

18. Carol

I HOPE this fight is on YouTube somewhere. I hear Pac-Man took De La Hoya to class!!

19. Robert Klampfer

Yes, he did! I think he could have finished the fight two rounds earlier than he did but, for some reason (advice from his corner?) he didn't press it. It was like watching the Diaz fight all over again.

Now I'm looking forward to Pacquaio v. Hatton... :boxing_sm

Robert

20. yomitche

yomitche New Member

It was a good fight to watch, but so one-sided it was a bit disappointing, if that makes any sense. I was rooting for Pac, but still like de la Hoya and hoped he would have made a better go of it. I didn't even see de la Hoya throw a punch the latter half of the seventh round. He made an effort in the eighth to try and stay in the fight (it seemed), but appeared to be so completely outclassed at that point, that it was too little, too late.

The fight stats were ridiculously lopsided! I'm not really sure why de la Hoya agreed to this fight (other than a true champion has to be beaten into retirement, it seems, rather than graciously and precipitously quiting), but wouldn't be surprised if pride and money motivated him more than it should have. I hope he completely quits now, because anything else would just be silly.

Anyway, props to Pac for a brilliant win!