Pacific Island Showdown in Hawaii

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by StixMaster, Sep 7, 2007.

1. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

To all the Hawaii Eskrimadors, Arnisadors, Kalidors it was great fun. GM Ty organized a fun tournament and lots of respect from all. I am glad to meet the Hawaii FMA'ers, Greg808 from Pedoy, Robert808 from Dog Brothers, Ray from Bandalan Doce Pares, Instructors from Tobosa, and others. Lots of talent from young to old. Until next year FMA brothers and sister. Aloha I competed in the Light Heavy.

2. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Hey! I remember you, hope you come out next year too, I had a blast!

3. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

I blogged about my day at the tournament on myspace, Ill post it here if anyone is really interested my blog is at

www.myspace.com/islandwarriordotcom

Hopefully when the event airs on the local cable channel Olelo I can record it on my PC and then share it with the world.

Aloha.

4. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Great blog and hope that you can get some clips for us to see. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. Do you know if there are any 'Ultimate Warrior' tourneys here in the mainland ?? Thanks again.

5. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Unfortunately I don't. As soon as I find out the air dates Ill post them.

6. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Junior

It was an honor to step on the mat with you Joe.....

7. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Some pics from the tournament, sorry no action pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. speedwayblue75

speedwayblue75 New Member

fun day! thanks for all who competed. I wish I could share my experience, but my broken foot only allowed me "volunteer/cheerleader" status that day.:mad: LOL (pedoy student limping around with a robocop boot onhis left foot) I did want to try out Sifu Marks massage chair though.

greg808,
    eh you the big handsome guy who wear one 200lb vest who knock down the gimpy student with one solid steel pipe while drinking jamba juice? I think I saw you before.....:biggrinbo

9. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Sorry I didnt realize some of the pics are posted twice.

Just to put some names to faces
    Left to Right
    Travis, Kevin, Mark, Rodney, Mike, Robertlk808 & Peregrine

[​IMG]

10. junior eskrimador

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of the tournament? When they say no video they really mean no video. I wanted to get a copy before I leave the island but if not then have one ordered.

11. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Ill send you a message on myspace. Rudy will need to edit the footage and it will be ready in about two months. I can record it on my pc when it airs or Ill give you Rudy's ph number.

Aloha.

12. junior eskrimador

Robertlk808, I can wait for you to record it.

13. greg808

greg808 PSDE Main Branch

Much Mahalo's, Salamat Po

I appologize for being late, but I did want to take the time to give a big MAHALO to Sifu Mark Behic from the Dog Brothers Hawaii Pack. His gift of Hilot helped me to compete in the the tournament. He was a true FMA brother. I will never forget what you did Sifu Mark! Rob please pass the message.....Salamat Po!!!!!!:sword2:

14. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

15. junior eskrimador

Does anyone have a copy of last years tourney? It would be nice to see the players in action. By the way, some time in Dec, I believe Dec. 8 there will be a tourney in LA held by Master Felix, Pakamut.com (Best of the Best). It would be nice to see the same faces again on the mainland. I spoke to RHC Chaz when I was there and told him about it. Hopefully, there will be representation from Hawaii. Mahalo

16. StixMaster

Have the people who filmed the 'Showdown' shown anything on the tube in Hawaii ?? Many people here on the mainland are curious as to how and what is the 'Ultimate Warrior' type tourney, in otherwords they want to see footage of the tourney. Anymore pictures of matches ?? Mahalo

17. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

No dates are avialble yet uso, but as soon asI find out Ill post them. For those that are on the mainland you can also watch local programing via the internet at http://olelo.granicus.com/ASX.php?publish_id=91&sn=olelo.granicus.com

Just in case your from the islands and you miss the local music then check out
    11/9/2007 7:30:00 PM Star Tracks Local music scene, videos plus special features from concerts & tours.

Remember the time is in HST so you will have to do the conversion FYI we are 2 - 3 hours behind PST.

18. StixMaster

Mahalo for the info, I'll check it out. Soifua

19. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

FYI:
    I know this isnt FMA related but just in case others are interested Olelo also has programs on the following:

11/13/2007 6:30:00 PM Kempo Karate Martial arts instruction.
    11/13/2007 7:00:00 PM Fighters' Club TV #54 Mixed martial arts sports news magazine.
    11/13/2007 8:30:00 PM 50th State Judo Assoc.:
    Aiea Hongwanji Judo Tournament 50th State Judo Association judo tournaments and seminars.
    11/14/2007 25th Anniversary hawaii Okinawa Karate-Do Shudokan Part 2 Martial Arts (Karate)

Just adjust the times and you can view it online at:
    http://olelo.granicus.com/ASX.php?pu...o.granicus.com

20. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Has anyone heard of an airdate??? Greg you got any leads??