P. Greg Alland & Nene

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by Letifer281, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Letifer281

Letifer281 New Member

So I was surfing for some info. on DTS and I came across this website. It was P. Greg Allands website and I noticed that he had a picture of GM Nene and Dan Inosanto on the website. Whats the deal, are they doing business together? whats going on?!

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks.

-Mike

2. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Get his number off his web site and call him. In all fairness to everyone, talk to the men in question yourself.

God Bless,
    Steve

3. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Hello Mike,

So you must be one of Brother John's new students and new to the mix...... Greg is a certified instructor(Guru) under Grand Tuhon Nene. Although there are no hard feeling between them, they just do not do business any longer and have not for a few years now. Grand Tuhon Nene was just dissatisfied with Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas being represented as a piece of another system and not taught sperarately. Which I am sure after being a student of Brother John's even a short time, he has shown you that Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas is a full system and not a subsystem or little piece of another art. We even have our own style of wrestling.

As far as Grand Tuhon Nene & Guro Inosant are concerned, there is no business arrangement currently existing or even planned for in the future.

Now for the sticky part. The photo of Grand Tuhon Nene and Guro Inosanto that you are speaking of was copied and taken from DTS Guru Michael G. Olive's old web site www.rattanclub.com (Which I believe belongs to someone else now.) Regrettably, without the knowlege of or permission from Grand Tuhon Nene,
    Guro Inosanto, Guru Michael G. Olive or my self. I took the photo of GT Nene and Guro Inosantoand personally asked Guru Michael G. Olive to post the photo on his web site. As a public "Thank you" to
    Guro Inosanto for his overwhelming kindness and hospitality during our surprise visit to Guro's seminar in Creve Coeur, Missouri. It was meant to be a surprise for both Guro Inosanto and
    Grand Tuhon Nene. That was thought up by Guro Brian Rideout, (an instructor under Guro Insosanto) and my self. GT Nene had no idea until we were almost there what was going on. We left Terre Haute a day early for a trip to Jefferson City for GT Nene to give Michael and Lt. Rice more hours of personal training our for their instructor certificates And I told GT Nene that we would stop in St. Louis to enjoy the riverside and Old St. Louis.

To make a long story short, the photo was not ever intended to be used as a MARKETING TOOL. It was to be posted for a short period of time, again as a "PUBLIC THANK YOU" to Guro Inosanto. If I had any idea that the photo would be taken with out anyone's expressed permision and used in an unethical manner. I would not have requested that it be displayed at all.

Respectfully, Mike

4. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Hello Dekiti-Tirsia Siradas Brother and Sisters,

This matter has been clarified and is now "Deceased". Any further discussions pertaining to this subject in detail. I ask that our members please do so out of the public eye.

Thank you, Mike Snow

5. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Finally the truth is told by another. Though there is so much more to be said.

Thank you Mr. Snow for telling the truth, and don’t worry I have enough hard feelings to go around.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Is this a picture of P. Greg Alland in the NY Times?

Tenants Roiled by Challenges on Residency

It's from an article in the NY Times about evicting rent-controlled apartment renters who don't meet the residency requirements.

Attached Files:

7. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Yes, that would be Mr. Alland.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've only met him once and wasn't sure it wasn't a coincidence! How odd to see such a well-known martial artist in the NY Times for an unrelated reason.

Looks like they were some of the ones caught up in the overzealous attempt to get people who didn't meet the eligibility requirements.

9. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Well considering he has a girlfriend in VA Beach, and lives there, and stated to me that he was not married...well