P. Greg Alland, longest devoted Kali Silat Student of Pekiti Tirsia

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by MasterKaliSilat, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Thanks for the School'n there Arnisador. I think we might know each other. Does anyone know if that is really Tuhon that replies on this?

2. Who else responding

Why are you in doubt why not call me my number is 940 5950 849

3. viejo

viejo New Member

I dont think that someone will be so stupid to write in his name......

SORRY I WANT TO QUOTE KALIACE AND BY MISTAKE I QUOTE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, I think we met through R. Mike Snow in Terre Haute, right?

I am convinced that the answer is yes, but I suppose it hasn't been strictly verified!

5. nosyac

nosyac New Member

@ Kaliace and Arnisador

Believe me sirs that the person who writes in this forum is none other than GrandTuhon Leo T. Gaje, Jr. himself - why I know this? I witnessed it myself with my own 2 eyes.

6. kaliace

kaliace New Member

That is great. I think Tuhon is being very kind to Greg after the history that I have heard and what I have seen myself.

Arnisador, good to hear from you again, give my regards to Mr. Snow.

7. franci1911

franci1911 Member

Originally Posted by kaliace [​IMG]
    I think we might know each other. Does anyone know if that is really Tuhon that replies on this?[/Quote]

There is no one on earth that can verbalize in the fashion and manner in which GrandTuhon Gaje has done here on FMATalk.com The knowledge that he has expressed in his posts should be evidence enough that it is he who posts. I have personal observed him as he has posted in many early am efforts.

I can agree with this statement that, GrandTuhon has shown a lot of kindess as well as restraint after all the history that I have witnessed and all that I have heard as well.

Check out GrandTuhons' remaining seminar schedule for this year, come and experience the man and the system. I gaurantee that if you do all your questions will be answered.

8. kaliace

kaliace New Member

There is no one on earth that can verbalize in the fashion and manner in which GrandTuhon Gaje has done here on FMATalk.com The knowledge that he has expressed in his posts should be evidence enough that it is he who posts. I have personal observed him as he has posted in many early am efforts.

I can agree with this statement that, GrandTuhon has shown a lot of kindess as well as restraint after all the history that I have witnessed and all that I have heard as well.

Check out GrandTuhons' remaining seminar schedule for this year, come and experience the man and the system. I gaurantee that if you do all your questions will be answered.[/quote]

It would be an honor to train with Tuhon Gaje. I have wanted to meet him for many years.

9. kaliace

kaliace New Member

Tuhon,

Thank you, again it would be an honor to talk to you. I only asked since I was corrected on the origin of this Forum.

Greg and his lackys still try to bother me from time to time ever since I stood up to him with the treatment of GM Nene. I am glad to see you deal with Greg head on, but still with grace. I have a great deal of respect for that.

Respectfully,
    Michael Olive

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

For whatever this is worth, Franci1911, I'm confident that langgaw is not Greg Alland. Langgaw is a student of two teachers I know on the East Coast. We've not met in person (me and langgaw), but I do know him via email. And he's not Greg Alland (whom I have met, though many years ago).

Stuart

11. franci1911

franci1911 Member

I already new this.

But for whatever this is worth. It was just my way to take a verbal, non threatening jab at P Greg. If someone is going to make statements of fact and accusations they should better be able to back it up. Make all the statements you want, and not accept and counter/recounter verbalization by others! That is borish and morally biased. Above the cultural growth of the Philippines, the sharing of one Style/System of each other, a meeting ground for people of the same as well as other organizations, verbal counterpoint is very healthy. Otherwise why are we/you here? If someone doesn't agree with me that's alright. We can agree to disagree. Wonderful to be that way.

12. still lurking

still lurking New Member

just look at the grammar. It is no other than Tuhon ...haha!

Tuhonisms.
    me: Tuhon do you know Dimak?
    GT: (Pulls out knife and then says) 'yes, come here' .
    me: pisting yawa.

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

Okey dokey. Just thought I'd clear it up.

Stuart

14. Dustin_Etan

Dustin_Etan New Member

Hello and Greetings with much respect To Tuhon Leo T Gaje jr and all Pekiti Tirsia stylists.

I would like to address the topic of Greg Alland. Having known Greg since the mid 1980's and travelling with him to many places and including a month in Indonesia back in 1990. I feel that I am someone who has a legitimate formed opinion of him.

I have been with Martial Arts disciplines since very young and its been 34 years. I have competed professionally in Full contact karate, Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA. I also competed at the stick tournement in 1989 at Jersey City.

Greg Alland for what he has practised is very good in my opinion. He is very strong with the stick regardless of how he may appear to be to you.

Since the day I met Greg he has only spoken well of his first teacher and promoted his name to many. I have heard so much about Tuhon Leo T. Gaje jr. from Greg Alland for over 20 years...when few were exposed to the FMA. Many of Greg's students would gather to hear stories that Greg would tell about Leo T Gaje Jr. filed with enthusiasm and much Love in his heart.

Greg Alland had been very active in bringing public notice to Martial Arts Masters before it was popular to do so.
    He used video tapes and television before most...and promoted to the audiences that otherwise would have never been exposed to these Masters of the arts of the Philippines and Indonesia.

Also Greg, contrary to opinion, did not become wealthy but gave much of his earnings to these teachers. Greg always had focus on bigger and better things for these masters as well as himself. I seen jealousy levied against Greg and pressures ruin his ambitions and efforts to help others.

Sometimes it affects a person when this happens...Same happened many times to myself and I was angry many times which had affected my dealigs with others.

I had seen Greg work very hard at what he did. This again remember was before most knew of Pekiti Tirsia of FMA. Greg was with Leo Gaje from 1972 and onwards with estrangments between the two. I know in my heart that Greg Alland has much respect for Pekiti Tirsia and Tuhon Leo T. Gaje. Why else would he post with his enthusiasm?

I also know that when people had attacked me and misunderstood me or when others created rumours and fed off of that, I would have wanted someone to stand up for me. But few do these types of acts these days.

Greg Alland does not know that I had found this post and I haven't spoken with him about it. I hope that it is in no way misunderstood or taken wrong. I just felt that I write my thoughts and be open.

What I would like to see is the differences worked out. This is America...land of growth and opportunity..still?
    Life is also short it would be better if Pekiti Tirsia and practicioners were united and could drop misundestandings (or real offenses ) from many years ago...and everyone could share in a better life while we are here.

There is enough Pekiti Trsia for everyone united under Tuhon Leo T Gaje jr, The Great Master of these arts.

Greg Alland was a friend to You Grand Master Gaje and he really still is. Please consider what I have written in all humbleness.

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thanks for sharing your experience! This is a contentious subject and we are trying our best to allow the discussion to continue while keeping it at an appropriate level.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

16. odalisay

odalisay Member

From what I understand, don't you have to be in good standing with the Grand Master of a system to be underhim? The last time I checked www.pt-go.com under "instructors"... wait let me check real quick...nope I don't see Greg Alland as a listed instructor. I believe if your name is not on that list I don't think you are under Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje, you are on the outside looking in. I know where Gred Alland stands cause I heard it directly from one of the "pillars" or PTK.:moon:

17. viejo

viejo New Member

U heared but u really dont know, hearing and knowing are two different things and a coin has 2 sides......

18. odalisay

odalisay Member

Very true I would rather belive the one side of the coin that speaks of truth than the other side of the coin that is not of truth. BTW, its "heard" and not "heared". Truth is always the best policy.

19. viejo

viejo New Member

Thanks for the correction, its not my language .......

20. still lurking

still lurking New Member

Dustin, with all due respect Greg created the problem on his own when he said this
    I'm sure Greg is very skilled but was it necesary to speak ill of another (especially a fellow PTK) to promote himself?

OH well. That's between him and Tim Waid I guess. ;D

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.