Our new found path: Pulahan-Derobio Eskrima

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by StixMaster, Feb 16, 2009.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Sunday, February 15, 2009
    [​IMG] Our new found path: Pulahan-Derobio Eskrima
    [​IMG]

Our new found path…as the New Year (2009) comes upon us we have ventured onto a new journey. Former founders of San Diego Branch of the Pedoy’s School of Escrima, my family and I have parted ways with the PSE Organization in hopes of reinvigorating our passion in the perpetuation of the Filipino and Hawaiian Martial Arts. We have nothing but high hopes and blessings for Grandmaster Tyrone Takahashi, as he takes his vision and path with the PSE Organization. We hope the FMA community provides their continued support as we partake on this journey. ....

.. ..

.. ..

Mahalo Nui Loa and Salamat Po,....

Tuhon Chaz Siangco....

Founder of Pulahan-Derobio Eskrima ....

2. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Why did they part ways?

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I hope it was an amicable split, but good luck regardless! More people promoting the FMAs is a good thing.

4. sharon.gmc

sharon.gmc New Member

That's sad news. But then again, the more the merrier!

5. The Phalanx

I'm confused... Alot of questions is going through my mind right now... I thought the PSE San Diego guys were Pedoy's family... Why would they break-off from their own family members?

Also the name Pulahans... Are you affiliates with The Descendants of Pulahans now out here in Hawai'i? Or is it just pure coincidence?

This is not any of my business but since it is in public now, alot of questions would arise...

6. StixMaster

Its all good !! This is to maintain the integrity of Pedoy Escrima in the hands of GM Takahashi keeping the lineage clear and accurate. That keeps order so as to have the knowledge presented as it was from GGM Pedoy to his grandson GM T. Takahashi. So that now the mainland Ohana can continue to pioneer as they have all of these years here in California maintaining their flexiability to adapt new ideas and concepts adding to their already vast knowledge passed on to them by GGM Pedoy sharing it with us. Mahalo ( Thanks ) for your concerns but no worries , Aloha abounds !!!!![​IMG]

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Glad to hear that all is well, then!

8. The Phalanx

Lineage? You mean the Pedoy bloodline? I thought they all had GGM Pedoy's blood in their veins... What's the purpose of keeping it clear and accurate if everyone is all GGM Pedoy's descendants?

9. Labantayo

Labantayo Junior Member

Nationalistic pride is fine and dandy, but be careful of what flag you follow.

10. StixMaster

Exactly, I just support my Ohana. Mahalo & Aloha ! No need 'pilikia'.

11. RHC Chaz

RHC Chaz Tuhon Chaz

To settle all questions...

The Pedoy Lineage of Instructors: GM Tyrone Takahashi and the Family of Gail (Takahashi) Siangco have mediated in the differences we see in the path we want to follow in terms of our own views for the Derobio style of Eskrima, as founded by our Great Grandfather Braulio Pedoy. Ohana will always be ohana and we respect and love GM Ty and the Pedoys' School of Escrima Organization. Many family systems have gone through these times and have chosen paths that just do not meet. Both of our familes have vowed to uphold the legacy of GGM Pedoy and we still honor this as we follow our own paths.

And YES, this is a family issue and of no concern to the general public. Any negativity that outsiders plan to create or stir up is of no concern of our families. We hope that GM Ty achieves the goals and holds the name of the Pedoy's School of Escrima to the prestige that it deserves. As for myself and my ohana, we are moving on with a new found vision for ourselves in FMA while honoring those who came before us and who have influenced our growth in the combat arts.

If you want an insight to our newly formed system, we are doing a special issue for FMA Digest coming out later this year. Also, checkout our website: http://www.pdeskrima.com

If you have questions come to the source...

Respectfully,
    Tuhon Chaz Siangco
    Pulahan-Derobio Eskrima

12. ChiefShangko

ChiefShangko New Member

Aloha Brah! Been a long time for me on this site....Roger and the boys just left Maui. they did good training with my instructors and students, now Pulahan Derobio Eskrima Schools will be on Maui and Oahu. I will train the Oahu group from time to time..Mahalo

13. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

[​IMG]

14. StixMaster

Great pictures of the GKTactical seminar at Coronado,CA. I look forward to coming to San Diego to see you all! Before Honor comes Humility!!
    [​IMG]Master Tasi & Marco Caliz Jr.(GKTactical Jr. Instructor)

15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It's great to have so many pictures up here!

16. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Best of luck to you in your new venture.
    FMA is ever changing and evolving ,which IMHO,is as it should be.

17. StixMaster

18. StixMaster

GKTactical Combat Awareness for Women in Everyday Life

GKTactical Combat Awareness for Women in Everyday Life...to battle the dangers in modern day world.
    - Self-Awareness Training to provide Women with acute awareness and tactical reactions to dangers around them.
    - True self-defense techniques to empower Women for any altercation.
    - Combat Posturing to assure you don't make yourself a victim.

[​IMG]

19. Taiaha NZ

Taiaha NZ -== Banned ==-

Thats a great class in Coronado,CA.
    GKTactical Training for LIFE !!!!

20. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Are you getting a good turnout for it?