Other Balintawak groups unjustly disrespecting BALINTAWAK & its instructors

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by FalconAgentx44, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconAgentx44

FalconAgentx44 -== Banned ==-

VMA Man IS both YOUTUBE username: VMABalintawak09 & VMABalintawak

THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM POSTING THIS HERE IN FMATALK IS TO USE THIS MEDIUM TO BRING THIS MATTER ABOUT. IF THIS PERSON BELIEVE THEIR TEACHER JOHN RUSELL IS BETTER THAN ALL THE ORIGINAL SENIOR BALINTAWAK INSTRUCTORS WHO LEARNED FROM ANCIONG BACON, TEOFILO VELEZ, JOSE VILLASIN, AND OTHERS, THEN SO BE IT, "MY VERY BEST OF LUCK TO VMA Man, I'M GLAD YOU FOUND A TEACHER WHO CAN INSPIRE YOU SO."

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN OPINION...... BUT PLEASE DO NOT GO ABOUT POSTING NEGATIVE COMMENTS ("TROLLING AROUND") ON YOUTUBE AND THE INTERNET SAYING TABOADA IS NOT GOOD, HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO CLIP AND SO ON & SO FORTH. DO NOT GO AROUND "BAD MOUTHING" THE OTHER BALINTAWAK MASTERS AS WELL.

THAT IS VERY DISRESPECTFUL! THESE SENIOR INSTRUCTORS & GRAND MASTERS OF BALINTAWAK WORKED HARD, THROUGH BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS THEY HELPED PRESERVE THIS BEAUTIFUL ART. YOU ARE VERY UNGRATEFUL AND THAT IS A FACT! RESPECT THE ONES WHO CAME BEFORE YOU MATE!!!

P.S.

I WILL NO LONGER CONTACT THIS PERSON THROUGH ANY MEANS, WHETHER IT BE HERE ON FMATALK OR OTHER VENUES, SO ANY QUOTE HE POST HERE THAT HE SAYS IS FROM ME WOULD BE TOTAL LIE. I REST MY CASE.

I PAY MY RESPECTS TO ALL OF YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

- FalconAgentX44
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Evidence Exhibit #1:

MY OWN message to VMABalintawak09 which I posted on the same youtube clip which he NEVER "approved" and posted:

From: FalconAgentX44 [videos (0) | favorites (0) | friends (0)]

Sent: January 28, 2008

Message: Your teacher John's "agak" is good. My "agak" would slightly differ from John's, I would throw in more variation. I agree with "juramentado" If that part of Australia can use more good Balintawak teachers like John, then I am willing to migrate.

footnote: *juramentado was another youtube username who posted on the same video clip.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Evidence Exhibit #2

Message I received FROM VMAbalintawak09 sent through my YOUTUBE account last January 29th after my posting to his video clip, and I quote:

From: VMAbalintawak09 [videos (1) | favorites (0) | friends (0)]

Sent: January 29, 2008

Subject: Show me your agak bro??

Message: Hey mate, I am VMA Man from FMATALK. You can also see some of my youtube videos under username VMABalintawak. Show me how your "agak" is better than Johns and I'll post your comment. Yeah your agak. Not your instructors, your agak. Who do YOU train with?
    I've trained with Taboada personally and know John is better than Taboada 100 times, I have students who trained directly under Gaabucayan and Tabimina and they also feel the others PALE in comparison to John. Even the famous Velez brothers from Cebu whom John has learned from cannot compare. The only person that comes close is Henry Jayme and Timoteo Maranga, well that old chap is dead now, Maranga I mean. Crikey! May he rest in peace. If you have better bro, show me(if you can), Then I'll post your comment. Until then.....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Evidence Exhibit #3

subject is this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fWPeRdsE8o

comments lifted from YOUTUBE on this video clip:

PinutiKeris (4 days ago) could we know the name of the Feeder chap ?? and which Balintawak lineage is this ?

VMAbalintawak09 (3 days ago) Sorry PinutiKeris what do you mean by Feeder Chap? Regarding Lineage: John Russell is our head honcho. Studied thru Henry Jayme thru Teofilo Velez thru Timoteo Maranga. John has also trained under Raymond(Moonie)Velez and Celso Amora Mabalhin(Who trained under Anciong Bacon and Jesus Cui).

juramentado (6 days ago) cool.....u need balintawak instructors in australia..i want to migrate...is it possible?
    help meĀ°! ;-)
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Evidence Exhibit #4

subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47uyw...eature=related

see related comments on this YOUTUBE video:

Comments & Responses

Show: all comments excellent (+10 or better) great (+5 or better) good (0 or better) average (-5 or better) poor (-10 or better) Help Change this to see only comments above a certain value.
    Change the value of a comment by clicking on a thumb.
    Post a video response
    Post a text comment

VMAbalintawak (1 week ago) Show Hide

If Robert actually started to clip there is no way any of this could happen. This is watered down Balintawak

jA7 (5 months ago) Show Hide

thank u GM Bobby T!
    thnx for posting...

creasy8 (5 months ago) Show Hide

are those random movements or choreographs?

smoogie18 (7 months ago) Show Hide

INSANE

View all 4 comments

__________________________________________________ _____________

Evidence Exhibit #5

subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STOVXMCVZVc

Comments & Responses

Show: all comments excellent (+10 or better) great (+5 or better) good (0 or better) average (-5 or better) poor (-10 or better) Help Change this to see only comments above a certain value.
    Change the value of a comment by clicking on a thumb.
    Post a video response
    Post a text comment

tagacebuako08 (4 days ago) Show Hide

VMA Balintawak pag practice usa pag-ayo parts...kay siguro ko layo ra kaayo imo nahibaw-an kay sa kang Bobby.

Ikaw realist1972...membro ka sa Rabid Dog Arnis ??? hehehhehe! Ayaw mo sigi panaway --- AMEN

VMAbalintawak (1 week ago) Show Hide

wildcat2210 no offence but try finding a REAL Balintawak teacher. One that teaches you to clip. It's for your own protection mate. Bobby looks great because his training partners don't know how to clip and control his attacks. It's a Balintawak FUNDAMENTAL he appears to have forgotten!!!

wildcat2210 (4 weeks ago) Show Hide

This is GENUINE Balintawak Cuentada Escrima, I am a student of Grandmaster Bobby Taboada. He is the nicest man in person, and is definitly a great example for other martial artists. He's the best, no questions asked.

END.

2. MacJ_007

MacJ_007 Junior Member

VMA Man aka VMABalintawak please don't go around Balintawak videos and start bad mouthing them. Obviously you are a newbie that does'nt know anything about Balintawak etiquette. You also have posted on one of my videos but it seems I shut you up. I was gonna let it go, but I don't like the way you disrespect other Masters of Balintawak such as our friends, Master Nene Gaabucayan, GM Bobby Taboada, the Velez brothers. To tell you frankly, all of us Balintawak practitioners who watched your video, can figure out you and your master's skill level just by your movements, and I am not gonna go low and talk **** about it. Just make sure you will have the balls to back up your claim when the time comes. You said in my video that if you wanted to test me, you'll show up in my class. Just to let you know that the door is wide open for you my friend. You are causing a controversy and making a bad name for your master, John Rusell. My piece of advice is if you respect your master, keep your comments to yourself. Thanks.

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Oh boy, first the DTK/PTK tirade and now into the Balintawak system.. C'mon guys, let the dirty laundry stay out of the forum and don't air it in public.. I have been a balintawak practitioner under Master Rafael Reston for 30 plus years and friends of mine in the states have trained with Bobby Taboada and some of the Buot guys in Michigan and neither have said nothing derogatory between the groups..

Balintawak influences depend on how the instructor was taught by their initial instructor. Look at the influences between the people and the time they taught..

Let the dirty laundry stay in the back room where it belongs

Just my .03 pesos due to the inflation rate fluctuations

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, it's best to focus on the positives of each system or approach!

5. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

FalconAgentx44, you have come to FMAtalk signing up under different names and using different accounts. You've signed up three times, claiming to be from the Philppines, and again from Okinawa, all from a computer located in Southern California.

If you can decide who you really are and if you can be honest with the rest of the community here as to who you really are, then please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, and we will reconsider opening one of your accounts.

If you try to sign up again under yet another account, we will NOT reconsider your reinstating any of your accounts and you will remain permanently banned from this site.

Please follow the rules that you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Until then, you are not welcome here.

Thread locked.

- Carol Kaur
    - FMATalk Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.