Offensive avatar

Discussion in 'General' started by silat1, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Stone

Stone New Member

Excellent post tellner.

Silat1, why change your avatar if that's who you are and what you believe? The act of changing your avatar seems to fly in the face of the very attitude expessed by it. Has your point of view changed?

2. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Sorry Gagimilo, I didn't throw or drop bombs on Serbia, it was not my decision to make. At that time I had troubles of my own, and was long gone and done with the military. I do not know why that decision was made, I know many of the countries from that area were having some kind of trouble ( with Muslims? or with Russia?). To me doing my own thing is living a family life and teaching and doing FMA.

3. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

All I know is that you attract more flies with honey than vinegar..so no matter your mindset, no matter your choice of religion, politics etc...we can be cool as long as we both come correct with respect. If I have a problem with someone I simply delete that problem out of my life..hence I will drop you like a fish. Life is to short to sweat small stuff...and avatar bitching is definitely small stuff...to each their own...some are tree huggers others tree cutters...some are tofu suckers others meat eaters..some are sheep....I prefer being a wolf....so ya see we all have our druthers....just grow thicker skin.

Take a hit off of this and relax folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdD1yrOCwnY&feature=related

cough, cough, cough,,,,,, alright now....when I first met,, you didn't realize...........................

4. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hey Mike,Ozzy is ok,but Dio really gave Sabbath a great sound.

5. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

Oh, don't think that I hold any grudge against anyone here as a result of what happened back then. Hell, I did not support the government at the time in Serbia, just like I know for sure that there a loads of people who did not support the NATO action in 1999. I was just trying to point that some of the things are semantically-challenged, i.e. susceptible to interpretation, which is always personal, hence sometimes leading to misunderstanding and people being offended.
    However, I did not see the avatar that caused all this as offensive. Matter of fact, there not too many things that are image-related that I do find offensive, if any. I guess my skin is plenty thick, eh Mike?

and I agree with Shaun, Dio did help Sabbath reach the new heights...

6. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hey Dragan,goverments are well,goverments and we can be let down by them in a huge way.
    To paraphrase,'democracy is a bad form of goverment,but it is the best that we have',or words to this effect.

Like Mike said,life is too short for all this.

We all have a love for FMA and this is not an insignificant thing.

Mabuhay ang Filipinas at FMA.

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Oh NO...say it isn't so.....DIO over OZZY..NO, No, No.....while Heaven and Hell was a great album I truly lost interest in Sabbath minus Ozzy. Look at the great, great songs he and IOMI penned.....Sweet Leaf, NIB, Fairies Wear Boots, War PIGS, IRON MAN etcetcetc.....DIO was great and I found his work with Richie Blackmore's RAINBOW much more exhilarating, Man on a Silver Mountain is still one of my all time favorite tracks. He also had a great solo career. Gentleman I must call you to task on your DIO over Ozzy take.....tsk..tsk...tsk.....LOL :)...........or perhaps I was standing to close to the speakers during one of the 7 times I saw Sabbath......hmmmmm, a sweet ringing of the ear..for sure!

8. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Yeah,Sabbath were a LOUD band. So I guess Mike a villans best way to approach you is to sneak up behind and hope you dont hear him coming, LOL.

9. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I prefer Steppenwolf and Iron Butterfly.. You crank it up loud enough and you can stampede a herd of elephants through without hearing them... Especially when you play the 10 minute drum solo from Anna Godda Divida with the bass turned up and the windows rolled up on your car.. Just old school head banging music

10. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Yeah Bill,I remember those bands and songs.The benefits of having older brothers.
    Those bands had 'attitude'

11. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Oh c'mon now..
    That comment made me feel older than dirt because I still remember when the beatles came to the states back in the days BCTV (Before color tv)
    I can still remember watching the wonderful world of disney when it was still on in black and white.. Some serious imagination had to go into making believe that the fireworks had color to them when they blew up over the magic kingdon.

Dang, now I know I am going to hear about this..

12. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Yes, but only so long as your hearing aid is turned up (and on) and the battery's still good... :D

13. silat1

silat1 Active Member

HUH, what did ya say.. I can't hear ya, my batteries are down and my warranty on the hearing aid just expired.. Dang it, now where is my geritol cocktail

14. baganing_balyan

baganing_balyan New Member

I have no problem with this statement: "It's one nation under god or bite my ass and just leave."

If one uses it without knowing the history and racist background of this statement, then that's where I can say it sounds idiotic.

FYI... that statement and its variations are still being used by white supremacist groups and racist caucasians in America and Europe towards Asians, colored people, and immigrants.

15. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I have a favorite cd, Its one with Carlos Santana and Miles Davis, Milagro is the name of the cd. I dont listen to it to loud.

16. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Great CD Joel......it is one of those melodic grooves that has to be felt. Davis was an absolute frigging genius and Santana, well..he is Carlos..nuff said!.......Man I have to dig my copy out and listen to it again, been awhile....you should check out Miles Davis Bitches Brew...phenommenal acid jazz fusion....

17. Dawn

Dawn New Member

I miss your avatar. By itself, it's understandable that it could offend someone, but those words are not the entire avatar. It includes the image too. The caricature took the edge off the words and made it funny in an SNL (Saturday Night Live) kinda way, but that's just me.

18. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Not to get too off topic - but Miles' albums Pangea, Agharta, and On The Corner are worth checking out if you like Bitches Brew......

-wes

19. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Oh yeah Wes I definitely dig On The Corner...will have to check the other two out. I dig Miles, especially the Be-Bop days when he teamed with Coltrane. I am also a huge fan of Dexter Gordon..if you get the chance rent the French Art film..Round Midnight,,,Gordon plays a character based on himself...he was nominated for an academy award for the performance and he won the best actor at Cannes for his portrayal. JAZZ is very, very, very cool....doowa

Here is some clips of the film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkDHiPAjHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_FJVTLXgw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYV5kIdK9Q&NR=1 ( a great epitaph on Life is Music)

20. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I don't care what you younguns think about your music.. The Beachboys, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Sam the Sham and the Pharohs, plus K.C. and the sunshine band are what I listen to when I am in flash back mood.. When I hear the head bangin music of the acid rock bands, I go into my cop mode and send in the dogs for the apprehension of the Maryjane smokers.. I went to one concert with 3 dog night in the early 70s while active duty, dude I got contact high just by walking into the arena at the University of Illinois Champaign.

Those were the days my friend, we hope they never end and welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.