Now This Is What I Call A Bar!

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, Jun 15, 2008.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Whiskey Road's Bacon Night: Is this heaven?

ROAD TRIP!!!

2. Brock

Brock Asha'man

When we leavin!?!

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Great minds think alike!!!

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I'm just wondering why I didn't know about this place sooner!

5. pguinto

pguinto New Member

The next time i got a Monday night open, this Chicagoan will check it i out, mos def.

Damen, off Armitage - Just north of Red Dog and North Side Bar, quite an artsy fartsy neighborhood nowadays. Back in da day, predominantly a latino hood, the area was littered with the Unknowns and other bangers and not a good place to be at night. In fact, my 1st time in that hood, i got scoped by the Unknowns wit da quickness, but my boy was well known (tho neutral). That hood has really turned around, quite amazing. My friend's mom owns a mixed-use building there (3 flat/storefront w/5 apartments), told me how the value skyrocketed to over a million.

The other place i should check out is Doug's Hot Dogs, supposed to have dogs made with all types of exotic meats; venison, lion, etc catch my drift?

Good places to goto is the Crooked Spoke, biker bar/restaurant, on Grand Ave (dine in, near west side). You can park ur bike on the sidewalk in front.

Ed Debevics
    (dine it, downtown) and Weiner Circle (standing room only, lincoln park) are places to check out, but make sure u leave ur manners at home. Service is very rude, but thats the allure. Dont take it personal they try to treat everyone like crap.

Also, no visit to Chicago is complete without a eating at Jim's (standing room only). Athough no longer in the original location, his establishment is one of the places that made Maxwell Street famous. A polish and/or porkchop sandwich are must haves, make sure u get extra grilled onions. Note: do not try the hot peppers unless u wanna buuuuurn. An alternative to Jim's is the Bus Stop, another standing room only hot dog stand. Literally a shack with a window, a couple blocks north of Whiskey Road at the corners of Damen, Diversey, and Clybourn.

Enjoy Chicago grease.

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Be sure to give is a review of the bacon bar!

7. pguinto

pguinto New Member

hope they can serve it soft and have lots of ketchup on hand.

8. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I once saw a recipe for a stuffed hamburger made from 1/2 pound of ground bacon, stuffed with cheese, then beer battered and deep-fried, then topped with another slice of cheese... my arteries harded a little just reading about it.

9. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

mmmmmm Bacon.

10. Topeng

Topeng New Member

I can see the next story already.

15 Eskrimadors died of heart attacks yesterday after a bacon overdose.

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

...but all with smiles on their faces! :)

12. Topeng

Topeng New Member

Sounds like a candidate for the next meet and greet afterspot.

13. Brock

Brock Asha'man

14. travtex

travtex New Member

Freely available bacon could very well be the death of me. I used to horrify my classmates when I was doing clinicals at one of the San Angelo hospitals. After first rounds, we'd pop down for breakfast. Without fail, they had the gigantic Mound o'Bacon included in the breakfast offerings.

So, naturally, I'd scoop up the nutritional balanced breakfast of a tortilla and a significant chunk from the Mound o'Bacon. Nothing like a good old arteriosclerosis burrito!

15. SupremeNacho19

SupremeNacho19 New Member

Do you know that bacos bacon bits is actually Soy and not bacon?......... that made me sad when i found that out....... So the next time you find bacos in your salad you will know the truth........ your salad is lying to you.....

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I wonder if they have one of these:

Attached Files:

17. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Erik Larsen, (Savage Dragon creator and former Spidey artist) had that same picture up on his Myspace page.

18. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Wow, Erik Larsen, havent heard that name in years. i rember when he illustrated similar to Art Adams, wow, another name i havent heard in years...

19. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Mr. Larsen is still banging out The Savage Dragon at Image. He and McFarland are the only founding memebers with a consistant record getting their books out and continuing to do so. Erik still handles all of the creative duties on his books though while Todd's more of an editor.

20. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Now this is what I call a ballpark!

Mich. baseball park to offer 4,800-calorie burgers

What's sane about that?!?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views: