Notice

Discussion in 'General' started by silat1, Mar 7, 2009.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I have decided to cut ties with any and all kuntaoer/Kuntawista who are not affiliated with the Chinese Kuntao system that I was fortunate to learn from my instructors in the past.. It is with this statement being made that I will not be actively teaching anymore and will be taking the next two years off as a sabbatical in which time I will be spending time with my past students and associates in passing along what I have learned over the last 40 yrs at which time I will pass the lineage on to my senior most student who has been with me for close to 20 yrs..

The decision in taking this sabbatical is so I can spend time on researching more of the neijia or internal aspects of Kuntao which I will pass on to my advanced students when I am stateside later this year and this will conclude my teaching of Kuntao to the general public..

I make this decision freely and will not be answering any more questions regarding the Kuntao arts of either China/Taiwan/or the Philippines due to the influx of people who state that they teach Kuntao/Kuntaw because they have been to the country of origin once or twice and claim lineage rights in these systems..

My instructors in Kuntao have done this same action in the past due to the tirade and general mistruths that are being spread about Kuntao that we trained in some 40 yrs ago and beyond that time frame.

I have been fortunate to have affiliations with these instructors and trained with over the last 40 yrs and without their support, I couldn't have gotten to where I am now as far as a kuntao practitioner/instructor.. I have decided to follow in their footsteps and close my hands as far as teaching in the open and will only be passing my little knowledge on to my students.

It is with this in mind that I now post my last comments on Kuntao and my training in the Kuntao systems that I have been fortunate to train with in the past..

For those who I was fortunate to meet and cross hands in friendly sparring and cross training, my doors will always be open.

Thank you for your support through out the years and friendship

2. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

So basically you will stop teaching Kuntao due to newbies claiming to know better? Come on Bill, you can't let something like that stop you from teaching what you love...

3. silat1

silat1 Active Member

:nixweiss::deadhorse

4. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I say screw them all Bill... Just do your thing and let them do theirs...

5. tellner

tellner New Member

It's a shame it's come to this. I say Nulli illegitimi carborundum. But if you feel you need a break - and Lord knows after 40 years you're entitled - enjoy it in the best of health.

6. kali-rand

kali-rand New Member

silat, In time when u passby here on oahu, do let me know. I'll come an get you so we can play some in our different systems.. I'll show u what i do here with my Kali and, hopefully i can get u started teaching or working out again in the art u came to love.If not.... I'll get my 300 lb wife sit on you... hehehehee Enjoy wat u like doing in the different area of ur system... I can understand where ur coming from...call me when u ever stop here on oahu. We can go to zippys and, have a cup of coffie and, chat. Aloha ~rand.

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Billy my brother I hear you loud and clear. You and I have had several discussions on this topic many times. It saddens me that it rolled down hill tis way, but I do understand your reasons and you have my support. Take your time..dig deep find your way and keep in touch with me...

As for the know it alls...it's a shame your cups runneth over....but then again you can never guide a man so blind that he can't see the forest through the trees!