Northern Nevada Eskrimador

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Battle Born Arnis, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Battle Born Arnis

Battle Born Arnis New Member

Hello everyone, looking forward to making friends with other eskrimadors.

I am a Reno based practitioner who is a student of Grandmaster Rick Manglinong of Modern Arnis and Kombatan. I must add that it is a great privilege to be a student of Rick as it is very difficult to find an Arnis instructor and even tougher to find a teacher of high caliber.

I have been studying Arnis since April of 2009 and have been attending classes frequently and consistently as well as practicing alot outside of class with classmates or just solo training.

Well, that is it for now...I hope to hear from some of you soon, cya.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Rick Manglinong is great--good for you!

3. Battle Born Arnis

Any eskrimadors here from Northern Nevada?

4. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

Welcome Battle Born and congrats! I'm a Kombatan practicioner in the Bay Area, close, but not that close! ;)

I've heard lots of good things about GM Mangilong! Good luck in the training and don't forget to spar! :)

5. Battle Born Arnis

Where in the Bay are you at?

I have heard that there is a Kombatan school in Union City. Is that where you are studying? I wish to pass by, at least to watch as I go to the Bay about once a month.

6. Battle Born Arnis

Also I'm always looking for practice partners. Perhaps we can come to a sort of partnership in helping each other improve. I don't know what level you are on though. I am a mere beginner. I may not be much of a practice for you. But hey, who knows....regardless, nice to meet ya.

7. excalibur

excalibur New Member

River City Rumble, Sacramento

You should attend the tournament on Sept 5, 2009, Sacramento, CA. It's only 2 hrs away from Reno. In this tournament, you will meet some of the very best practitioners of Doce Pares Multi System and other FMA practitioners around California. Hopefully, there will be others from other states.

8. Battle Born Arnis

tournament

work schedule won't allow me to attend. i usually work out with friends after work or on days off.