Newly arrived to Seattle and looking for teaching space

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by HC B. Jordan, Mar 8, 2010.

1. HC B. Jordan

HC B. Jordan New Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Master Brandon Jordan. I teach a Filipino martial arts synthesis known as Mandala Mandirigma with strong roots in the Derobio style and others. You can find some of my postings from the past on the Pedoy's Derobio Eskrima section. My family and I have recently relocated to the North Seattle, WA area and I am eager to begin offering classes to interested folks in the area.

Anyone who may have some space or time slots available that they would be interested in sharing and collaborating with another teacher, please feel free to contact me here, through my website, or by pm. Ideally I am looking to offer an evening class a few days per week to start and build up from there as interest builds.

Thank you in advance and have a great week FMATalk members and friends.

Regards,

Master Brandon Jordan

www.brandon-jordan.com

2. blindside

blindside student

I don't know of any schools looking to rent out space, but I do now that several very successful groups got their start teaching out of the University Heights Community Center by the UW.
    http://www.uhcca.org/

The UW provides a good benefit in terms of local adult students interested in learning something new, that has both its upsides and its downsides. :D As of a couple of years ago they were happy to rent out rooms by the hour, I used a dance room on the second floor, I don't know if you get a discount for a long term commitment.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

3. HC B. Jordan

HC B. Jordan New Member

Awesome. Thank you for your reply. I will have a look into it this week. This sounds like a great place to start. I will let you know how this works out.

Brandon

4. blindside

blindside student

If you can, get yourself listed in the UW experimental college. It makes a wonderful "hook" to get people in the door. I am actually surprised at the lack of martial arts listed, they used to have kenjutsu and karate instructors listed there.

https://depts.washington.edu/asuwxpcl/catalog