New Tuhon in Pekiti tirsia Kali

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by bttcanada@videotron.ca, Jan 17, 2011.

1. On January 15, at the opening of the War College, Grand Tuhon Leo T Gaje elevated his nephew, Rommel Tortal, to the rank of Tuhon in the Pekiti Tirsia Kali System.

Tuhon Rommel (Mel to his friends) has been studying his family system under GT Gaje for many years and has spearheaded the military training (as chief instuctor) of the (Philippine) Recon Marines and the Special Action Force. He has also conducted seminars in Europe, Asia, and North America. He has appeared, with GT Gaje, in several television productions recorded in the Philippines for broadcast in Europe and North America, about the indigenous Filipino fighting arts.

Congratulations from your PTGO brothers in Canada.

Philip Gelinas
    Mandala Tuhon
    Pekiti Tirsia Kali
    Canada

2. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    Congratulations to GT Rommel.... Also how many Tuhons does this make in Pekiti Tirsia?

Thanks,
    John

3. BTW Naga, he is not a GT yet, just a garden variety regular Tuhon.

GT Gaje has (to the best of my knowledge) promoted the following persons to the rank of Tuhon in Pekiti Tirsia Kali.

Chris Sayoc (pre 1981)
    William McGrath (1994)
    Philip Gelinas (2000)
    Rommel Tortal (2011)

4. blindside

blindside student

Edit: nevermind, question answered.

5. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Interesting. I was unaware that Chris Sayoc was that advanced in PTK. I knew his family had studied the system extensively but I didn't know it was to that extent. Learn something everyday. Cheers!

6. UrBaN

UrBaN New Member

Never heard anything about Chris Sayoc promoted to Tuhon at PT. How accurate is this?

7. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

The person who provided the list is one of the people ranked to Tuhon in the system so I would assume he knows what he is talking about... ;o)

8. tkdbadass

tkdbadass New Member

I am under the impression that Chris Sayoc was originally to be the inheritor of the PTK system. Can anyone verify the validity of this?

9. As Pekiti Tirsia is the family system of the Tortal family it would not make sense that someone not in the family would be in line to succeed as inheritor.

As I stated before (regarding the promotions) it was "to the best of my knowledge". When I started in PTK in 1981. Chris Sayoc was already a Tuhon at that time. He was a part of the PTK system. Their students competed in the tournaments and participated in the events. It was a logical conclusion to draw under the circumstances.

10. Another new Tuhon in Pekiti Tirsia

At the Pekiti Tirsia Pacific convention and training camp in Manila, Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje elevated Mandala Magino'o Leslie Buck to the rank of Mandala Tuhon.

Tuhon Buck is the chief instructor for the Texas Kali Association of Austin.

11. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Cool Leslie is a good guy and his business www.kaligear.com is run well too!

12. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Congratulations to Tuhon Leslie Buck!!! Well deserved.

Best regards,
    William

13. TuhonBill

TuhonBill New Member

Congrats to Tuhon Leslie.

I met Leslie Buck many years ago at a seminar I did for his teacher Erwin Ballarta. Leslie is a great guy and a hard working practitioner of the art.

Regards,
    Tuhon Bill McGrath

14. leslie

leslie Junior Member

Thank you for the support

Thank you all for such kind words of support. You guys are awesome! It is such a pleasure to follow my passion among so many great people in our community. I am very thankful for the opportunity continue learning, teaching and serving in any way I can.

15. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

What are the different levels (rank) in PT?

16. leslie

leslie Junior Member

17. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Cool!

18. TuhonBill

TuhonBill New Member

PTI Rank Structure

Here's the rank chart used by PTI. It's based on the rank structure used by GT when I was training with him.

http://www.pekiti.com/ranking.php

Regards,

Tuhon Bill McGrath

19. On Friday April 22, 2011, Pekiti Tirsia Kali's Mandala Magino'o Tim Waid was elevated to the rank of Tuhon by Grand Tuhon Leo Gaje.

Tim Waid is a long time instructor and practitioner of Pekiti Tirsia. Along with his instruction and seminar obligations, he runs the PTGO website (ptgo.com) out of his home base of Dallas, Texas.

Your PTGO brothers in Canada congratulate you.

Mandala Tuhon Philip Gelinas
    PTK Canada.

20. William

William Mongrel Combative Arts

Congratulations to Tuhon Tim Waid! Well deserved for sure.

I've spent time with Tim first hand and he is extremely knowledgeable, humble, and bad azz all rolled into one. He is crisp textbook PTK and I find it very easy to learn from how he moves and the way he presents the material.

Best regards,
    William