New to the site..

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Sabre, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Hello all,

I am new to the site and to FMA, just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I have an extended background in Muay Thai but as of about 6 months ago I have fallen in love with FMA. I have the honor to be training in Doce Pares under Guru Wolk at Denver P.I.M.A. I look forward to chatting and learning from all of you.

Respectfully,
    Sabre

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! What subsystem of Doce Pares do you study?

3. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Hi,

Forgive me lack of knowledge on the various sub-styles, I have been told that we study the "Multi Style System". My instructor, Guru Wolk, was trained by Arnulfo "Dong" Cuesta. I hope this answers the question correctly :) Please forgive if I have just made an arse out of myself by not knowing.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  4. Segi

Segi New Member

Hello!!

Welcome!!

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, I know what that means!

6. 408kali

408kali Member

Welcome Sabre! Alot of my family comes from Denver and actually my mom moved back about 2 years ago. There seems to be a thriving FMA and Silat community there (looked into it out of curiosity).

7. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Hi 408 -

Yes there seems to be a growing FMA and silat community here, on the FMA side from what I have found, most are Doce Pares. I found it interesting on the Silat side that there are tons of Kun Tao Silat players here. Guess that is because Willem lives here. :)

I noticed you are from Santa Clara, my family moved to Denver from Fremont. Actually, all of my Muay Thai background was gained in San Jose. I take a lot of business trips to SJ and I am sure with your family in Denver you travel here as well. If your out this way please let me know, I can give you info on our training days if you wanted to drop in.

Have a good day!

8. 408kali

408kali Member

Thanks Sabre! No doubt my next trip to Denver I will come thru for sure (it'll give me an opportunity to escape!). Don't know when that'll be, but nevertheless the invitation is always open to you also. My Guro Michael Franciotti trains 6 days a week, excluding Sundays, in the Pekiti-Tirsia system of Kali. Again, warm welcome!

9. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Welcome