New Member San Diego Area

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by MachoDC, Feb 22, 2009.

1. MachoDC

MachoDC New Member

Hi all! Nice forum. :)

I'm a 51 yr old Chiropractor in La Mesa, CA. Been studying Arnis de Mano for about 6yrs. under Maestro Luis Orlina of Cepeda Bros./ Guro Jo Abueg lineage. Offshoot or Master Narrie Babao's system. I currently study under Maestro Scott and train various styles with Guro Nar Babao. Glad I found your site here!

Fitness Chiropractic Arts
    Wholistic Fighting Arts

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I studied arnis with a chiropractor in Pacific Grove, CA many many years ago.

3. MachoDC

MachoDC New Member

Thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I practiced some beginning Sayok Kali this morning with a couple training partners..... fun stuff! :viking:

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've done a couple of seminars in it--detailed, thinking-man's stuff, but not for the faint of heart!

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome to FMATalk! [​IMG]

6. froglives

froglives New Member

Five years ago or so I discovered the Cepeda school in El Cajon, I seemed to remember reading about them dominating weapons tournaments in the seventy's so I went to visit and asked if I could watch. Old age here but I don't remember which brother I spoke to, but he shouted across the room, "hey there's a guy here who remembers us from the old days". I looked to see who he was speaking to and saw a guy firmly planted in the corner of the dojo, double sticks, shoulders touching the walls and elbows with barely any room to move.
    Several guys that looked to be quite skilled were trying to hit him (no safety gear whatsoever, I love that) he was so fast, so incredibly fast, nobody could touch him. The entire time he was coaching/teaching the attacker in an easy voice while talking to other people as well. Totally blew me away. I ended up leaving my favorite stick in his rack of pretties and spent the next two weeks arguing with my wife to get permission to train their. (Money was tight back then and it was pretty far away)
    Actually now that I think about it, anyone have a MA that helps win arguments with your better half? One can hope.