new member, looking to train FMA in Sydney, Australia.

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by bengs, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bengs

bengs New Member

Good day

My name is Ben, I am a 22 year old from Sydney, Australia.

I've been training in various martial arts for about 6 or 7 months now. I was studying Wing Chun Kung Fu for about 5 months, and I've also had very brief instruction in Hapkido. My current interest is taking up Thai Boxing, which is what I'm going to start taking from this week, after a extended period of downtime from fitness in general due to a rib injury.

You might ask why I'm on a FMA forum then, but in the last few months since I first took up Wing Chun my interest in martial arts has grown and I am always learning about new styles and branches out there. I haven't had any experience in FMA to this point, but I am looking to take up a class. The problem for me is I can only make it to Saturday classes due to work and study commitments throughout the week, so that might be why I haven't had much luck finding a class to join. I know there is an academy of Doce Pares in Sydney who focus on Kali Stick fighting which I am considering, but I was hoping to find a class for Suntukan, Panantukan, Mano Mano, Balintawak, or other primarily empty handed / boxing styles. I hope somebody here may possibly be able to help me in locating classes for any of the above in Sydney?

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Regards,
    Ben.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Give Ray Floro a call.. He is in Sydney and is the best thing in FMA that Oz has. He has trained with a lot of the senior people in the Philippines and is top notch..

Bill

3. bengs

bengs New Member

Thank you for your response. I'll take a look and try to find some contact details for Mr Floro.

4. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

rfloro@loadednet.com.au

There ya go- contact the man and be prepared to be a FMA junkie- it gets in your blood
    Buzz

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Good luck with your search.

6. bengs

bengs New Member

Thanks for the information and for the kind greetings. I emailed Mr Floro, we'll see how it goes with a reply. I think his technique is more of a mixed fighting system incorporating a few different FMA systems, but im interested to know more. In the meantime if anybody else from Australia has recommendations I would be very glad to hear it.

Regards
    Ben

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Ray Floro's program is based fully on his FMA training from the Philippines combined with his background in other arts.. Ray has/is under contract with various military and civilian law enforcement units in oz.. He does seminars all over the place... Check out his site at www.florofighting.com and come into the chat room, we hang out there pretty much nightly, so if you have any questions of Ray, ring his chain and that of all of his students/affiliated instructors in oz

Bill

8. bengs

bengs New Member

Bill, thank you for your further information. I'll take a look at his website.

Regards
    Ben

9. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Welcome Mate !