New Guy from MD

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Hickory, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hickory

Hickory New Member

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around the forum for a while and decided to go ahead and sign up. Some interesting (and entertaining) posts so far.

I'm new to FMA...sorta. I was first introduced to it in the early 90s by Arsenio Advincula in Oceanside, CA. I had been an Isshinryu practitioner before entering the service, so I was naturally drawn to his class. I was only able to go a couple of times - pesky little war broke out, followed by more deployments, etc. Anyway, in the couple of classes I attended, Mr. Advincula showed me some stick drills...and I was hooked.

Now...I haven't been practicing since the early 90s. Lots going on that kept my attention elsewhere...besides, it has not been easy to locate schools in the places I have lived since then. However, in the last year, I have been more successful in finding Kali trainers and have begun re-engaging with FMA. In fact, it was through this forum that I found Guro Bob Shin's class, which is not too far from me. So...I hope to finally pursue my FMA education in earnest.

I'm looking forward to reading more posts and learning as much as I can.

Regards to all.

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Welcome to FMATalk and I hope you enjoy your training! [​IMG]

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! I studied Isshin-ryu for several years long ago--my first actual martial art!

4. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Welcome.

5. Hickory

Hickory New Member

Thanks to all!

6. tiburon2112

tiburon2112 New Member

Hickory - welcome aboard!

AMOK!
    Ken

7. Dec

Dec Junior Member

Welcome, another from MD

8. twg

twg New Member

Welcome to the forum.

TWG

9. kali-rand

kali-rand New Member

Aloha,

Have been here reading on whats been going on for awhile now.. Then i join the group.
    Although, I was getting I didn't have permission to access this page for a long time... I'm glad I figured it out... Wow... that feels good heheh...
    I'm with the Lontayao martial arts organization here in Hawaii. I'm the head instructor at the Ewa Beach KALI Class in Ewa Beach. I teach and, train in the Villabrille/Largusa system of KALI under Prof. Greg Lontayao Organization
    We just started back with class from the holidays. So, if anyone have time, come on by. Class are on Mon an Wens nights from 7 to 9pm I'm inn J building at Campbell high school If anyone wants I can be contacted at 808-689-8062 or just leave a messege.
    Aloha and, Happy New Year to All.