Native New Zealand Stick Art?

Discussion in 'Misc. Stick Arts' started by arnisador, Aug 27, 2007.

1. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

More weapons of Polynesia
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samoan War Club 7[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Samoan War Club 8[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]War Club 2[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

SAMOAN THROWING CLUB - 20" POLYNESIAN TIKI ART
    [​IMG] Here is a hand made SAMOAN Club. Use like an axe to crack skull and break bones. Targets the head, arms and legs. Can make a clean break of the bones without much bleeding. This beautiful and intimidating piece of art is about 20 INCHES long, the wood used for this specific item is Vesi also known as iron wood. Woven with magimagi (braided from the long fibers of coconut husks).

You can see from the pictures the attention to details. Sku: CLUB5

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    CLUB1
    [​IMG]
    TIKI MACHETEE WAR CLUB - 17" STRENGTH...
    </SPAN>[​IMG]
    SAMOAN DOUBLE AXE CLUB - 24" POLYNESI...
    </SPAN>[​IMG]
    KOA3
    </SPAN>[​IMG]
    HAWAIIAN SPEAR WEAPON 12" W/ SHARK TE...
    </SPAN>[​IMG]
    HAWAIIAN KOA SPEAR 5.5 FT W/ 12 AUTHE...
    </SPAN>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]</SPAN>​
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hawaiian Fighting Club With Shark Teeth "Lei O Mano"
    Hawaiian Paddle Dagger with Shark Teeth

2. 408kali

408kali New Member

Thanks Guro Dave for sharing that story, what a great experience!

And thanks robert808 and Stix for the pix. Sick!!

3. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Hey maybe others could post about other Polynesian arts right here with this Maori thread, eh ?? Well I hope more 'Lua' and other Poly arts do post info if they could. Thanx a lot.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm watching Whale Rider now and just saw the part where the chief is teaching the stick art. Definitely some good technique! It reminded me of aiki jo in the footwork and the stances/positions, but with more linearity in the strikes.