Nashville. Tn?

Discussion in 'General' started by Paul1967, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Paul1967

Paul1967 Junior Member

I am new to the forum and I have lurked for about a week or so and I really enjoy the forum. But, anyway I live in Nashville, Tn. which might as well be a FMA/Silat desert. I have a quite a library of books and a few dvd's and I know they are no substitute for live instruction. However, there seems to be no good schools in my area. Can you guys point me in the right direction.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

If you have a training partner, you might be able to train with someone once of twice a month and practice in between. There's Modern Arnis in Florence, Kentucky (IMAF), for example. But, in a city the size of Nashville there must be FMA! Is there Jeet Kune Do? You can often find FMA at such a school. A good place to ask about schools is Eskrima Digest.

You can learn via seminars...but it's easier if you have a live instructor in town.

3. Macthesword

Macthesword New Member

Kali/Silat and Jun Fan in Nashville

Hi, I know your post was from 2 years ago but if you are still in Nashville, I am a JKD/Kali practitioner moving there July 11th and looking for people to train with. If you are still interested, or anyone else for that matter, please email me: CDUNNETT@AOL.com. Thanks, Chris