My new family members!

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by Kali Cowboy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

Guru Mike and I had the wonderful opportuntiy to meet with some of GT Nene's family members located here in my area. It was an evening I will NOT ever forget as long as I live. We met with
    GT Nene's cousin, Manong Teodorico Tortal Jr. and his immediate family. The hospitality was unbelievable. An unexpected and totally awesome Filipino feast was waiting for us!!! Hearing the stories from Manong Teodorico, about the old days and WWII, during their childhood, was truly a gift.

We were not there five muinutes before Manong thanked us for working to help his cousin Nene, saying, "The last member with full knowlege of our family system." I was overwhelmed with both satisfaction and the fear of letting them down.

Mike and Matt going to post the family photos we took last night very soon!

After hearing all of the great stories Manong Junior shared with us about WWII in the Philippines we felt that it was only right to present him with a regelo, an antique bolo from WWII.

After this experiance I feel truly blessed.

God Bless,
    Guro Stephen Shy
    DTS Florida

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey Stephen glad you had such a truly wonderful experience. [​IMG]

3. medic

medic Junior Member

It sounds like you had a great time Steve. Kudos to you and the rest of the DTS crew that have worked so hard to help GM Nene.

Shaun

4. Karl

Karl New Member

Steve wow man what a great opportunity you had there, I wish I could be there also hehe....Im happy really you were able to met GM Nene's family there and listen a lot of stories...
    Regards to all there specially GM Nene

Karl