MT: Kombaton and Ernesto Presas on Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves!

Discussion in 'Kombatan' started by balita, Dec 25, 2006.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

Kombaton and Ernesto Presas on Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves!
    By Brian R. VanCise - Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:36:38 GMT

====================

I had not seen this episode before so I am sure some other people might have missed it as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/s...tan-palit-pali

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

2. garland

garland New Member

This is great, thanks for the link! I'll pass it around :)

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Blindfolded? Excellent!

You can really see the similarities to how Remy Presas moved.

4. armas

armas Junior Member

This reminds me of the good old days. When I used to do these demos with GM Ernesto. Always keeps us in Awe.

There are alot of similarities in both brothers movements. If you ever get to meet Jan the son of GM Ernesto. You will be surprised to see the similarities on how they talk, sit and joke around. Like a young Remy.

5. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

What impresses me the most about 'Kombatan' and GGM Presas is his sensitivity training.Techniques which helps when playing 'live' blade like they teach in the Hawaiian FMA styles. Most of us from my generation in Hawaii grew up using 'bolo', we understand the difference between a 'garote' and a razor sharp 'bolo'. Flowing with and behind the power of the strike. Yes those sensitivity drills of GGM Presas get your awareness up. Truly utilizing the check hand, alive hand etc... as a 'serpents tongue' ! Aloha & Mahalo

6. johnzag

johnzag Junior Member

StixMaster I think a lot of the training revolves around Palit-Palit the give and take flow drills that all students practice.. this naturally moves into the trapping, disarming, takedown's etc which than progresses into Free Style which is what you see GM Presas and Master Michael doing during a segment of the clip. It's all great stuff and endless which means you don't get bored with it but rather treat it as a vehicle to explore and grow within the art.