MT: Kabaroan Kalirongon Eskrima

Discussion in 'General' started by balita, Jun 26, 2009.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

Kabaroan Kalirongon Eskrima
    By OCman44 - 06-26-2009 03:59 PM

====================

I was curious if anyone happen to know about this type of Kali. I recently came across it online about a trainer who teaches it.

Im wondering what the differences are between this system - Kabaroan Kalirongon Eskrima and the Inosanto/Lacoste system seing as how the facilities near me teach the Inosanto systems.

Is it Tournament related or Self-defense related? Im looking more for the self-defense aspect of it but not sure what Kabaroan Kalirongon Eskrima teaches.

Any info on it and what it teaches would be appreciated.

Thanks

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Kalirongon doesn't ring a bell with me!

3. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Kalirongon

http://reekersmartialarts.com/advincula.html

I believe that Sensei Advincula made a name for himself in Isshin Ryu circles; he also produced a set of eskrima tapes with Panther Videos a while back. As I recall his eskrima was simple and realistic, blade oriented and more rural than town.

Best,

Steve

4. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

That's a great way to word it. I found his tapes to be simplistic in approach, but his application lacked nothing. Not a flashy system, very basic attack-defend methods with solid footwork. He didn't come across as a man who was overly concerned about how long his sash was.

I've heard both Kabaroan and Kalirongon terms before, but not in the same system.

5. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

The way it should be IMHO...fancy & flashy will get you dead as a hammer quicker than crap through a goose.

6. citom

citom New Member

"Kabaroan" and "Kalirongan" are terms used to refer to fighting arts in the Ilokano-Pangasinan areas of Luzon (provinces of Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, and Pangasinan). Other terms used are "Didya" and "Sinkatan".

7. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Hey Citom, thanks for citing the region the terms are used in!

8. citom

citom New Member

It's a pity Mr. Anthony Manansala no longer posts here.. I understand he is an instructor in the Estalila Kabaroan System..