MT: GM Andres 'Cano' Cañete

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by balita, Jun 25, 2008.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

He's amazing!

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

And I get to train with him again in just over a week and a half:)

4. David F

David F New Member

I met GM Andres Canete in Cebu early this year while conducting research for a forthcoming book and his demonstrations of San Miguel Eskrima were very impressive.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hey, how did this go?

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

It was excellent as usual, done some more Espada 'Y' Daga training and practiced more of the San Miguel Sayaw with GM Kano. I also got to train more with GM Dionisio Canete and the Carin Brothers (Son's of GM Intin Carin) as well as doing more Eskrido with Master Joe Borces. As well as that I got to meet my old freind and San Miguel Brother Master Ramon Rubia and his lovely wife (who is also an old freind) Dayang Eva Canete Rubia, as well as hook up with some old freinds from around the world as many of them where there also to attend the WEKAF World Championships.

So really it was a great trip, each trip always tells me I need to go back again next year, well that's my excuse anyway.

Best regards

Pat

7. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Kudos Pat.

8. ariscanete

ariscanete New Member

Uncle Andres Cano Cañete is the son of Lolo Filemon (Moymoy) Cañete, he is the likely successor of the San Miguel techniques of Doce Pares and Espada y Daga since Lolo Moymoy is the one who formulated it. If my memory serves me right, he is the one who teaches me some Karate techniques.