MT: Ebay Fake Certificates

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by balita, Feb 11, 2009.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, someone needs to print rank certificates...if he's not selling them signed then I could imagine someone without access to a quality printer appreciating this. I'm not sure what exactly his angle is, though.

3. O.k..this is what you need to do.

Go to the bottom left of that screen.

Click on "Report item".

Choose the following from the drop down menusL

1) Counterfeit and Copyright

2) Other potential Infringement

3) Unauthorized use of Celebrities faces, names or signatures.

Not sure if you need to be logged into ebay to do it (am currently logged in). If enough people report it the seller will have to remove the item.

Ofcourse, a more direct strategy would be to contact the seller by his email address and ask him politely to not sell these items.

An even more drastic approach is to buy one. Then his name and address will be supplied. You can return the certificate as it is a fake and he will have to refund you.

Hope this helps.

4. punisher73

punisher73 Member

There was a discussion about his on MT I believe. The person isn't selling FAKE certificates he is selling a nice certificate of your legitimate rank. It is supposed to be of a higher quality and look. Yes, people could buy fake thing, but I believe the intent (based on the other thread) was for a rank you really do hold that you want a nice looking cert. for.

5. Fair enough, I read the post as Modern Arnis people having an issue with this. Surely it could be abused though?

Anyway, $39.99 seems to be a lot of money for something that is very easy to do yourself and then take to a printshop to get made up for a few bucks at most.

The following link may prove useful:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA010348131033.aspx

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I believe that photo on the certificate is the copyrighted property of Tim Hartman.

7. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, I couldn't see it clearly enough at that resolution! That is an issue.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Mr. Hartman, care to comment?