MT: Dog Brother's Dogzilla in action!

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by balita, Jan 28, 2007.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Heh, nice welts! The first section has more ducking than I like to do--I fear it brings my head into the danger zone! But, it seems to work for him.

3. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

I love watching the early DB stuff, classic and very nice.

Best regards

Pat

4. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

If I recall correctly I believe Mike had only been training for 2 weeks, however I could be wrong.

5. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

Yeah, Mike(Dogzilla) is a beast... I was grappling with him today and imagine someone my size trying to grapple against someone like Mike... It's like trying to grapple a boulder...

6. The Phalanx

Looking at that video again just made me realize that Mike didn't age... He looks the same now as he does in that video... Just that he shaves his head now...

7. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

The old DB stuff is their best in my opinion. I patterned all of my early fighting off of them.
    God Bless,
    Stephen

8. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Nice vid...

9. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

A more current incarnation of Dogzilla can be seen in our "Die Less Often" DVD's promo clip-- he's the man demonstrating "the Prison Sewing Machine" knife attack at the camera. He also will be seen in our soon to be released "Kali Tudo 2: The Running Dog Game".

10. The Phalanx

You know what sucks? I missed that shooting when you came to Hawai'i... I was the ONLY one in the Hawai'i Clan that missed it and probably missed an oppurtunity to be in the Kali Tudo 2 DVD... lol

I hate my job...

11. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Well, we'll just have to do it again then.

Our "Kali Tudo" (tm) subsystem has become an area of great fascination for me. The material and understanding grows strongly!

While I was in Hawaii, Dogzilla said something (as he so often does) that really helped me come to a deeper understanding. In this case it to help me see that "pre-Dracula" of KT was also a hidden moving fence for the street and that firing the Dracula takes me to the Arfful Dodger.

Now, I know that these terms mean nothing to someone who has not trained in our KT, but Dogzilla was of great help in seeing me how to integrate this structures into a seamless web.