MT: Dekiti Tirsia Siradas "D.T.S."

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by balita, Nov 12, 2008.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

Dekiti Tirsia Siradas "D.T.S."
    By Brian R. VanCise - 11-11-2008 09:10 PM

====================

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Here are the clips:

[yt]ZrKjmU8Gn5o[/yt]

[yt]S0HlMnjyLS8[/yt]

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

So incredibly frustrated that I missed that seminar. Unfortunately it occurred the same weekend that I was moving up north. [​IMG]

Tuhon Nene is with Guro Mike Williams and Sensei Kevin Pence in the top video, and Tuhon Nene is tossing Sensei Pence about like a ragdoll in the bottom video.

Looks like it was a great seminar.

4. puntadas

puntadas New Member

Ha Ha Ha

Yeah Excellent! especially when Pence goes "Oh! duh, get out of the way; I got it" &

then he doesn't do it... brain outweighing the feet (we'll let him off, after all he is a Sensei).

looks like a Seminar for the discerning?

5. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

I see it all the time, people that have been in other systems for years not knowing how to move. Most of the time it seems like people with zero experience pick up the footwork faster than "experienced martial artists". But after they catch on they do very well. By the same token, I don't dicredit practitioners that come from systems that do not enphasize footwork. Because the first time "Arnisador" and I played, I was like,"holy ****!" It was like Ving Tsun with a stick. As for Mike standing there in the video, even after decades of training in Jawa and Sumatara he would not ever instruct and/or interupt GT during a seminar out of respect.

6. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Nice to see Mike Williams on YouTube. I was up at Mike and May's school a few years ago and they were gracious hosts and formidable martial artists.

Best,

Steve

7. puntadas

puntadas New Member

yeah... like a dead art.

formidable?

8. puntadas

puntadas New Member

I don't mean to be disrespectful or rub you up the wrong way here, Steve or Mike; but surely the greatest respect we can show (in this case too GT NT) is getting it right & surely on the forum we don't want to confuse the less discerning...

take it easy.

9. R. Mike Snow

So do you always judge people that are new to a systems? And what do you mean by dead art? Elaborate please, great keyboard warrior.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It was meant to be seminar footage, not production-quality material, right? It is what it is. I don't see the problem! I hope I'm not expected to be perfect every time I'm filmed because as Mr. Snow knows, I'm not!

11. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

This was a seminar with someone probably learning this type of drill for the first time. I think they deserve some kudos for being there to learn. [​IMG]

12. puntadas

puntadas New Member

no Arnisador - you're not expected to be perfect...
    but if a teacher tells you to do something, you ought do it!
    & as for back scratching your bro's in cyberspace, that seems a little
    lame too.

as for Mike - 'great keyboard warrior' eh!
    you're the ones responsible for holding the legacy, don't get jumpy...

you guys have a great forum & I hope it continues to improve; a little pointed criticism is surely part of that.

13. silat1

silat1 Active Member

:schild30::ALD::kicknuts:

14. R. Mike Snow

We don't just scratch each other's backs, they tell me when I suck at something too..........like Espada y Daga or I just get hit. I have just been blessed to be around highly talented people. Thanks to the effectiveness of this system I have been lucky enough to become good friends with people from other highly effective systems, like Lameco Escrima, Modern Arnis, JKD Grappling, Inosanto/Lacoste Kali, Balintawak, Navadisha, Mande Muda, Kalaripayattu, American Kuntao-Silat, Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA, Ving Tsun, among others. So they are well deserved back scratches.

My apologies for being so jumpy............