MT: dan inosanto and escrima

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by balita, Sep 27, 2007.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

dan inosanto and escrima
    By bigfootsquatch - Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:36:08 GMT

====================

How are his videos on escrima sticks and his other videos? What are some good books on FMA in general?

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

2. Master Vince

Master Vince New Member

The one thing that Guro Dan Inosanto needs to do in order to enhance the real spirit of the Filipino Martial Arts essence, is to make that a trip to the Mecca of Arnis, Eskrima and Kali, which is a place called Cebu Island in the Philippines.

I have attended seminars that Guro Dan Inosanto has conducted, and sometimes he makes the quote, 'Stickfighters in Philippines do it like this!'

Well, I really don't want to be disrespectful to Guro Dan or anyone else for that fact, because we are all brothers and sister in the FMA, but in all the 20 years that I have been going to the Philippines to train in the Eskrima, it has become quite obvious that poor old Guro dan does'nt really know what they do over there, because he has never been there, and I think that a trip to the Mecca of Eskrima, Arnis and Kali, would really enhance his overall knowledge of this art, but he really needs to go and see for himself, and then he will know exactly how it all works over there!

And them he will see with his own eyes, exactly what it is that they do!

He's a wonderful ambassador for the FMA, but he really needs to go there, and then he can make his own judgement about things, rather than what people have told him! (It will be a real good FMA education for him to go!)

I write this with absolute respect to the man!

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't think I've seen any of his videos...his books are interesting!