MT: Clip - The Pacific Connection - Feature SM Roland Dantes and Dean Stockwell!!!

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by balita, Feb 3, 2008.

1. balita

balita <B>News Bot</B>

Clip - The Pacific Connection - Feature SM Roland Dantes and Dean Stockwell!!!
    By Palusut - Sun, 03 Feb 2008 16:06:51 GMT

====================

Hello Everyone,

Daniel Arola had posted a bulletin with a YouTube channel that has a clip
    of "The Pacific Connection". Many thanks to Rey Dominguez for uploading this clip that is rich in Modern Arnis history!

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Here's the clip:
    [yt]EfZmDhfdEDc[/yt]

3. chamber

chamber New Member

truly memorable, i remember watching this movie in the old luneta theater with my lolo.

4. bangkil

bangkil New Member

i have two vhs copies of this movie, i ordered it online from a canadian distributor...

5. David F

David F New Member

Still a classic.

Senior Master Roland Dantes has shared many of his memories of the preparation and filming of the movie with me. Professor Remy A. Presas was the fight choreographer for the movie though at times there were others who have claimed they in fact were. Professor Remy and ONLY him trained and prepared Roland Dantes for the movie as Roland was already training under the auspices of the Professor.

It was during filming Senior Master Vicente R. Sanchez met Professor Remy for the first time and commenced training in Modern Arnis.

I have quite a few pics from the film which we may put on a web site soon.

6. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I used to own this movie, I sold it at a biker rally here. I know Gilbert roland was in the movie for a few minutes at the beginning. Was he an escrimador? Or did he learn some moves for the movie. Gilbert roland did more than a few westerns in the states.

7. David F

David F New Member

Imua Kuntao, you are correct about Gilbert Roland starring in Pacific Connection. Guro Roland Dantes and I just spoke and he reminded me GM Vicente R. Sanchez was the double for Gilbert Roland during the arnis scenes. According to Guro Roland, Professor Remy and mang Vic were instrumental in creating the fight scenes etc and both are to be credited and applauded.

8. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Cool, thanks I always wondered about that, that guy was always a bad guy and usually had a knife fight.