Moving towards a new course of study.

Discussion in 'JKD-Kali' started by RevDogo, May 18, 2011.

1. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

God willing, I will be learning from Prof. Lorne Therrien in his way of teaching FMA via modern arnis.
    Has anyone reading this ever trained in Prof. Therrien's school?
    For those who don't know Prof. Therrien is a full instructor in several arts
    including Modern Arnis, PFS, American Kenpo, and Shaolin Kempo.
    I hope to learn some good stuff.

2. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Never heard of him. Inform us about your future practices. Videos and Stories will be appreciated. Nice knowing you!

3. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

4. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Thanks bro

I really like this line

[FONT=Roman, serif]It's a little tough for the traditional martial artists to swallow, because one system doesn't do it. You've got to cross-train in many different systems. Actually, the father of mixed martial arts, if you will, was Bruce Lee. If you look at the way Bruce Lee trained, the way he fought, and many of the things he wrote, he said the perfect style was no style. You take a little something from everything. You take the good things from every different discipline, use what works, and you throw the rest away."
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif]– Dana White, UFC President –
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Roman, serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif]

Lets keep in touch with your progress. .

[/FONT][FONT=Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif]"The best fighter is someone who can adapt to any style."
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Roman, serif]Bruce Lee
    [/FONT]​

5. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member

Very interesting way of training! The Inosanto Blend and JKD concepts are very present in Prof Therrien's expression of Modern Arnis. The regular classes are very tough and the private lessons are packed with knowledge and insight into seemingly insignificant details that can help or hinder the player.

6. RevDogo

RevDogo New Member