More on Tatang

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Don Quixote, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Don Quixote

Don Quixote New Member

Those of you who trained personally with the grandmaster ilustrisimo, please tell us more about him. There are few here who do not admire Tatang and I would love to hear all everything you have to say.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Do we have anyone here who did train with him in person?

3. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

I did trained with Tatang. But I don't want to tell anything about him. Its better for anyone to study FMA from his premier students to have a glimpse of who Tatang was.
    As for those who don't admire him, how can you not admire someone you don't know.... same way you admire someone you don't know?
    Who needs admiration anyways?

4. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

I assume this was a type error.

It may not be needed or asked for but there is nothing wrong with admiring someone for their knowledge, skills, achievements etc.

I have not had the opportunity but am fortunate to learn much from Tatng's students.

5. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

If it was, then my apologies.
    Right, nothing wrong with admiring.
    Yep, they are the living legacy of the maestro.

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

I was lucky to have but a breif glimps of the late great Tatang back in 1992 in Luneta Park, and from my very limited exposure to him, all I can say is his timimg and reading of the situation was passed exceptional. He seemed to have this 6th sense in knowing exactely what you were going to do next.

As for admiration, well he certainly has mine and then some.

And I can also honestly say that when he attended the WEKAF World Championships in Manila in 92 and 94 he also had the admiration of everyone in the room. A true legend of the FMA.

Best regards

Pat

7. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Tatang as an escrimador was finesse personified.