"Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp" July 14 - 17, 2011

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Dec 8, 2009.

1. James Miller

James Miller Member Supporting Member

Early November update!

Datu Hartman with the help of Bob Hubbard has given the Reunion Camp website a great face lift. There are bios on the instructors and special guest, location and hotel information and videos. Check out the site for yourself. http://presasarnis.com/reunioncamp/

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Is there a group rate at the HI Express? If so, what group name do we use when making a reservation? Thanks :)

3. James Miller

All of the hotel information will be released January 15, 2011. The Holiday Inn will be going threw a brand change. Everything will be finalized by then.

4. James Miller

Confirmed on Dec 15th . Balintawak Grand Master Bobby Toboada will be in attendance one of our special guests!

5. James Miller

GM Max Pallen will be there as well!

6. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Just a thought:

Nothing we can do can change the past, but everything we do changes the future.

7. James Miller

Greetings-

The camp is rapidly approaching. I just wanted to remind everyone that this Friday (June 17) in the due date for early registration. FYI we have several special guests in attendance:

GM Max Pallen - Senkotiros
    GM Ron Van Browning - San Soo Kung Fu
    GM Kim Foreman - DKI

JM

8. James Miller

Updated flyer Reunion Camp Cover2.jpg

9. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Success to this event. I humbly pray for the soul of our late GM

10. Datu Tim Hartman

Greetings-

Due to the preparation for the upcoming camp, as well as running my business, I’ve been less visible than usual. Much has been happening behind the scenes. This post will be to update everyone on the latest developments.

First of all, we have lost two of the instructors, Bram and Edessa. When you announce an event eighteen months prior to its occurrence, there is always the risk of unforeseen conflicts. One example is that Edessa’s husband was deployed to Afghanistan. In support of her husband, she has joined him and is doing contract work. As nice as it would be to have everyone at the event, sometimes things don’t go as planned. I have received confirmation from the rest of the instructors, and unless there are unforeseen emergencies, everyone will be there.

Second, there seems to be a little confusion with the registration process. We do not offer registration via Face Book. To register, you must either mail the registration form with payment or contact me at Datu@PresasArnis.com to make other arrangements. We are past the early bird discount. The camp rate is now $399. Group rates are still available of 20% off for groups of 5 or more.

Third, the event hotel (Best Western Plus) is about to release the block of rooms reserved for the event. The rooms are either 2 double or 1 king size bed. The room rate is $99 per night plus taxes.

Finally, we have several special guests attending the camp: GM Max Pallen – Senkotiros, GM Ron Van Browning - San Soo Kung Fu and GM Kim Foreman – DKI. These were friends of Prof Presas who wanted to be part of our remembrance of the Prof. They will be sharing some of their stories about the Prof and Modern Arnis history and, with a little convincing, we may be able to get them to do a demonstration or two.

If there are any further questions, I can be reached at 716-771-1291 or Datu@presasArnis.com .

I’m looking forward to seeing some old friends and well as making new ones.

Respectfully Yours,
    Datu Tim Hartman
    www.presasarnis.com

11. Datu Tim Hartman

A Message from Datu Kelly Worden
    Posted on his Facebook account and reposted with permission.

====

Hello to all the Modern Arnis practitioners and leaders attending this weekend’s Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp, the “Time for Healing” gathering. First off I would really like to thank Datu Tim Hartman for making this event happen. Equally important are all the instructors who have joined together to make this 10 Year Anniversary of Professor Presas’ passing a time of rejoice for all he accomplished and shared with the martial arts world! Not a day goes by that I don’t reach out to Professor in my heart and soul for his gifts he shared openly and willingly to anyone from any discipline who stepped onto the training floor; his impact will be felt for generations to come. The instructors listed here, Tim Hartman, Dan Anderson, Chuck Gauss, Dieter Knuttell, Brian Zawilinski, Rick Manglinong, and Rich Parsons, are a direct reflection of that commitment and truly should be commended for their contributions to the ‘Art within your art,’ the art of Modern Arnis.

It is very disappointing that I have to announce my inability to attend this weekend. As many of you may have heard or been informed on June 27th 2011 I was involved in a motorcycle collision when a truck jumped the stop sign illegally and crossed into my lane of traffic. Briefly, I sensed something was wrong, slowed down and when I realized the truck was coming I locked up the brakes yet my Harley Davidson crashed directly into the side of the truck, slid sideways and I bounced off the side of the truck. According to the police officer on the scene, “I am lucky to be alive.” I have to agree, as did the Pastor of my church and so many friends and family members who have contacted me. Although the ambulance took me away from the scene of the accident, I later walked out of the Emergency Room and went home late that evening. Needless to say, I am still banged up and just unable to make the trip due to complications and the inability to sit for any extended period of time. I am resuming my teaching duties with limited mobility but I refuse to let this accident stop my desire and commitment to my way of life; martial arts.

I take my hat off to everyone who is in attendance and honestly wish I could join the group in this historical time of brotherhood! Please forgive my absence and make the most of the event; every teacher there has something to offer and will surely guide you closer to the truth of Modern Arnis, “The art within your art!”

Respectfully,
    Kelly S. Worden

12. Datu Tim Hartman

Day one of the Modern Arnis Reunion Camp was great!More to follow!

13. tswolfman

tswolfman Member

Camp was great. Thank you Datu Tim & All of the Instructors.

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I had a wonderful time! My back kept me from participating as much as I would've liked but what a wonderful opportunity to see old friends and make new ones.

15. Datu Tim Hartman

The Reunion Camp is over. Great times had by ALL! Now it's time for much needed rest!

16. Brock

Brock Asha'man

We had a fantaseic time! Thanks to all of the instructors and all of those in attendance for creating such great energy this weekend!

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It was nice meeting you, and seeing just how fast GM Pallen really is!

18. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Hopefully next time your back is better so you can feel how fast he is as well. I know he would have liked to have played with Datu Tim some more as well. Actually I'm pretty sure he would have loved to have gotten the chance to play with everybody there!

19. SAL

SAL Junior Member

The camp was fantastic. Many people were reunited with old friends and I'm sure everyone made some new ones. The Modern Arnis Family came together and I know Professor Remy would be proud of us.

Thanks to Tim, Janice, and all the instructors. Great Job!!!!

Sal

20. Hudson

Hudson Junior Member

Talked with Datu recently, sounded like it was a good turn out and everyone enjoyed themselves.
    Great to see Datu is doing so much as always for the FMA community at large.
    Look forward to Datu returning to V.A. for a appearance at the local Police Academy to once again cover his E.D.T. Module this October, which is always well received by the Officers & Academy Instructors.