"Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp" July 14 - 17, 2011

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Datu Tim Hartman, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Greetings-

I am proud to announce that we will be hosting the “Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp” in memory of our teacher the late Grand Master Remy A. Presas. This camp will be held July 21 - 24, 2011 in Buffalo NY. We have several instructors whom have committed to this event. I’m currently in the process of inviting more instructors.

Further information will follow.

2. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

This sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to honor our instructor during the 10 year anniversary of his passing.

3. Jhun_Occidental

Jhun_Occidental New Member

Datu, is the Family Reunion different date than the WMAA camp? Please let me know so I can make proper arrangements. Thanks and I'll call you if anything changes.

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

That is great and sounds like a really good time! [​IMG]

5. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Jhun,

How have you been since we met this summer at Tim's place?

I think and Tim can correct me if I am wrong, but

in 2010 Tim will be hosting the WMAA 10th Anniversary Camp,

and in 2011 he will be hosting the Family Reunion Camp which also is the 10th anniversary (* within a month timing *) of the passing of GM Remy A Presas.

6. Jhun_Occidental

Jhun_Occidental New Member

Thanks Rich, I am doing well and just training as much as I could when I could. How about you?

7. Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons Member

Jhun,

Not to get off topic, but I have been ok. Slow in new students but a few long term ones still training hard.

I have been trying to help as many of my friends who have lost jobs find new ones and or just get through the frustration and troubles.

Talk to more later. :)

8. Datu Tim Hartman

[FONT=&quot]Greetings-[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We are rapidly approaching the 10 year anniversary of Grand Master Remy Amador Presas’ death. Since the Professors’ passing, there has been quite a bit of political nonsense. Many of us in the Modern Arnis community contributed to the problem, including myself. I can’t rewrite the past. What I can do is try to help our community move forward, but not alone. I have invited 11 instructors for their assistance with this task. We will put aside our differences and share the art that we were taught by Professor. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I humbly request the members of the Modern Arnis community come together to help us honor our teacher. The road to redemption can be a long, lonely one. I propose that we keep each other company and travel down that road together.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Respectfully Yours,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Datu Tim Hartman[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Remy Presas Modern Arnis[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is the information for the camp so far:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Event:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Modern Arnis Family Reunion Camp “A Time for Healing”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Date:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]July 21 – 24, 2011[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Where:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Horizon Martial Arts[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]West Seneca (Buffalo), New York[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Instructors ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]in alphabetical order[/FONT][FONT=&quot]):[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Dan Anderson[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Bram Frank[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Chuck Gauss[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Tim Hartman[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Dieter[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Knüttel[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Rick Manglinong[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Rich Parsons[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Kelly Worden[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Brian Zawilinski[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m still waiting to hear from 3 other instructors. I’m looking forward to adding names to this list. I will have more information in the near future about the event including a website dedicated to the camp.[/FONT]

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

What a line-up!

10. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Looks great Tim! [​IMG]

11. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

You aren't kidding. A virtual who's who...

12. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That's a great idea!

14. Datu Tim Hartman

This letter is in response to the letters of the Topica FMA group. But it is probably best to get things out in the open now. So I will also be posting on FMATalk and Martial Talk.

2011 will be the tenth year anniversary of Professor Presas' passing. To honor our teacher's memory, I have decided to host a reunion camp. This is to show that the community can put aside our differences for a couple of days to do the right thing. I have invited eleven people to teach with me on this event. I have been answered by all but one person. The people who have accepted the invitation are as follows, in alphabetical order:

Dan Anderson MA 80
    Bram Frank CSSD
    Chuck Gauss IMAF
    Tim Hartman WMAA
    Dieter Knuttel DAV
    Rick Manglinong IPMAF and WMAA
    Rich Parsons Independent
    Kelly Worden NSI
    Brian Zawilinski IMAF

The two people who have declined are:

Jeff Delany IMAF JD
    Remy Jr. MARPIO

I am currently waiting for the reply of the last person. I will not announce their name, as I do not want to put undue pressure on the party. At this time, I have no intention of adding to the instructor list. This does not mean that additional instructors won't be added at some point in the future. Our instructors are primarily US based instructors. The reason for that being the US is where most of the political nonsense occurred and this is an opportunity to smooth over the rough patches.

In the case of the IMAF, I decided to invite only two of their instructors to teach. The reason for this is quite simple....I didn't want any organization to have an overwhelming presence on the teaching staff. This does not mean that I am excluding them from the event. On the contrary, I would love to have all of the members in attendance. But the problem I run into is finances. With the current state of the global economy, I had to make some tough decisions on who to invite to teach at the event. If I was independently wealthy, I would invite everybody and foot the entire bill myself. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

The only other question that needs to be addressed is "Who is welcome?" My invitation is meant for the entire martial arts community, in particular all past and present modern arnis practitioners. I have asked instructors to put aside their personal differences for this weekend. They have agreed to teach, with and for, whomever shows up. This includes myself. There are people here in Buffalo that I do not get along with that I will not exclude from my event. However, I am not going to engage in any of the negativity of the past. Some wounds are too deep and may never heal.

If you are interested in attending in the spirit of the event, we look forward to seeing you there. However, if it is your intent to bring up old topics, don't waste your, or anyone else's time.

15. Datu Tim Hartman

Reunion Camp Update
    Our final instructor has been confirmed. Guro Edessa Ramos will be completing the teaching staff. Our instructors will be:

• Dan Anderson MA 80
    • Bram Frank CSSD
    • Chuck Gauss IMAF
    • Tim Hartman WMAA
    • Dieter Knüttel DAV
    • Rick Manglinong IPMAF and WMAA
    • Rich Parsons Independent
    • Edessa Ramos IMAFP / CSSD
    • Kelly Worden NSI
    • Brian Zawilinski IMAF

I have also finalized our rates for the event. The rates will be:
    $349 by June 17, 2011
    $399 after June 17, 2011
    $425 at the door

More information will follow.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  16. Datu Tim Hartman

Due to schedule conflicts the Reunion camp has been rescheduled to one week earlier. The dates are now July 14 - 17, 2011. Hope to see you there.

17. Dane

Dane New Member

How do I get an invitation with information about price, payment, accommodation etc.
    Kindly regards.
    Dane

18. Datu Tim Hartman

I have posted a jpeg of the flyer on this post with a fair amount of the information. The details on the hotel will be posted soon.

Attached Files:

19. Datu Tim Hartman

20. Dane

Dane New Member